Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 10:59 PM

Default ThePokerDB...accuracy?

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I looked at ThePokerDB on myself.

Looking through it, it has my lifetime winnings at like 7K(which is...at least 1/2 of what they are).

It has me making 1 11r FT. (I've made 5). 1 20+2 FT(I've made 3).

I dunno. It just seems pretty far off...is it that way for anyone else? I use this alot to look at other players...maybe I shouldn't reply on it as much?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: ThePokerDB...accuracy?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I looked at ThePokerDB on myself.

Looking through it, it has my lifetime winnings at like 7K(which is...at least 1/2 of what they are).

It has me making 1 11r FT. (I've made 5). 1 20+2 FT(I've made 3).

I dunno. It just seems pretty far off...is it that way for anyone else? I use this alot to look at other players...maybe I shouldn't rely on it as much?

[/ QUOTE ]

oops..meant to edit..lol
Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 PM

I know they are missing stats for me as well. I don't really care but it is a good point.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 PM

I think it is a good gauge to get an idea how much experience a particular player has in MTT's. However you shouldnt use it to judge people solely on how much or little they have made.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:04 PM

Its accurate for me, but I guess it doesn't track satellites. Also, I suck, which makes it easier to track my statistics.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:09 PM

What dates are these from? It is only a little over a year old with the new database i think.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:13 PM

I've only ever played Exit's Micro challenges and a few other stars MTTs, it has my few cashes from that. Interesting site, never knew about it before.

Edit: I see Panella86 has a life cashes of over 600k. I know that's actually the kid's friend's account or whatever, but still, just in terms of MTT cash to an account, does anyone have more?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:16 PM

Within the next week or two, the database will cover every tournament dating back to the beginning of 2004. At the moment it goes back to sometime in 2004 (not sure when), but it's a fixed point for everyone.

It's not missing anything. Seriously. It doesn't count satellites, it doesn't count FPP tournaments, but if it's an MTT found under the "Regular" tournament tab and you've played it within the last 15-18 months or so, it's on there.

If somehow you know of tournaments that are in fact not listed, send the T# to natarem@gmail.com and he'll input it. However, I think you may just be looking at an older tournament, a "tournament" that does not qualify, or may have just made a mistake elsewhere. PokerStars has been active in getting as much information on there as possible, so I'd tend to believe all is covered.

Did I mention I think all tournaments are listed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 11:17 PM

I dunno, maybe they are missing. I do know they (obviously) don't include deals, so I got 2nd place for an 11r where I actually won more money than first place.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Within the next week or two, the database will cover every tournament dating back to the beginning of 2004. At the moment it goes back to sometime in 2004 (not sure when), but it's a fixed point for everyone.

It's not missing anything. Seriously. It doesn't count satellites, it doesn't count FPP tournaments, but if it's an MTT found under the "Regular" tournament tab and you've played it within the last 15-18 months or so, it's on there.

If somehow you know of tournaments that are in fact not listed, send the T# to natarem@gmail.com and he'll input it. However, I think you may just be looking at an older tournament, a "tournament" that does not qualify, or may have just made a mistake elsewhere. PokerStars has been active in getting as much information on there as possible, so I'd tend to believe all is covered.

Did I mention I think all tournaments are listed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well. I know not all of mine are on there. Hell, I've had 2p2 threads for most of them. :-)