Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Default MGM – low content trip report

Only had time for one session over the last two days. Sales guys took us to dinner at Seablue in the MGM. I have the scallop appetizer and get food poisoning. Before the unpleasantness with the food poisoning begins I get in 3.5 hrs at the 4/8 game.

The 8 & 10 seats seemed to be off duty dealers. They would raise it up and cap pre-flop and end up playing heads-up, then check it all the way down. Lots of table talk between them as well. I’m in the 3 seat and the 2 & 4 and I start commenting on this activity. The 8 & 10 take a 10 minute break and come back playing very conservitively. 8 ended up going bust half an hour later and they leave.

The table thins out for a while and gets down to 6 handed. The 5 seat is a TAG who dragged several large pots early and was sitting behind a monsterous stack. He’s the only player with any significant skill at the table. I lose a few to him and I’m down about 6BB.

Then the tourists arrive and start spewing chips. Loose/Passive doesn’t begin to describe the situation. The guy in the 10 seat guy buys in twice and calls down almost every hand with nothing. He’s playing slow but calling every bet. Some horse’s ass sits down next to me in the 2 seat and starts bitching about the 10 seat playing too slowly. I politely tell him that the guy is a beginner and he might not want to alienate him. Two other guys drop racks chasing. The 1 seat keeps folding to me on the river when I bet out with only a pair on drawing hands that miss. I make an +18BB swing in 1 hour and cash out to go back to my hotel and get miserably sick. Wish I could have stayed longer...
Old 09-21-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: MGM – low content trip report

Great report - the MGM room seems to be fishiest place in town. I'll be there in 8 days but I'll skip the scallops!!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:17 PM

The NL games were horrid at night as well. One drunk idiot:

Told the floorman that if he kept standing behind him he'd go "on tilt"

Told the dealer he 'was doing a shitty job of running the game'

Blasted a female dealer for "taking my cards" after I voluntarily folded them and demanded a dealer change

Openpushed his $1100 stack into a $20 pot with QT on an AQJ board. Someone with $300 behind called with KT. The funny part was he didn't reveal his cards (KT did). Villain said, "I can catch a full house" and the board paired another ace on the turn. The kid with KT got this sick look but the guy shook his head as the river came and said, "you win."

Raised UTG to $50 with AJo and K8s (I was unfortunate enough to have QQ and ATs and he sucked out miserably)

Kept abusing the dealers enough that the floorman wanted to boot him but the other 3 players at the table (they wouldn't leave, even shorthanded) pleaded with him for the game to continue.

As the villain doubled someone up for what would be the last time, he was left with a measly stack of $25 from well over $1500. The floorman happened to walk up, the villain again told him angrily to not stand behind him, and the kind Asian man said in his accent, "Sir, you leave now."
Old 09-22-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Openpushed his $1100 stack into a $20 pot with QT on an AQJ board. Someone with $300 behind called with KT. The funny part was he didn't reveal his cards (KT did). Villain said, "I can catch a full house" and the board paired another ace on the turn. The kid with KT got this sick look but the guy shook his head as the river came and said, "you win."

[/ QUOTE ]

This would've been even better if the river was a jack. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 04:28 PM

Midas, I'll be there then as well. Hookup?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:59 PM

Alta-

These Vegas trips with my "crew" make scheduling a meet tough - you never know where you will be day to day. Generally, poker is played between the hours of 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm and then after 3-4 am when the clubs close until dawn. This schedule is often interrupted by spontaneous drunken craps games or unplanned trips to Crazy Horse.

If you see, a thirty-something guy, 6'+, with dark hair taunting players (my friends) at the low limit tables - have a seat because all my buddies are fish with deep pockets. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 06:01 PM

Cool, I'll look fer ya. Me=35, 6'5", not Mr. Clean bald but getting there. I plan on playing 10/20 or 15/30 til I feel the need (usually around 3AM or so) to play some drunken LL.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:56 PM

I love it -

my biggest win in a NL game was at the MGM - $700 in like, 3 hrs, - (wasn't my usual 1/2 - I joined the 2/5 because there was no line) -

and I was hungover as hell - after the blogger tourney, as I recall...

RB
Old 09-23-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The 8 & 10 seats seemed to be off duty dealers. They would raise it up and cap pre-flop and end up playing heads-up, then check it all the way down. Lots of table talk between them as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest that the next time you suspect two employees of a card room are involved in this behavior you bring it to the attention of the floorman. If you want to be generous tell them to stop or you will tell the floorman.

I hope the scallop poisoning was not as bad as the clam poisoning I had once.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool, I'll look fer ya. Me=35, 6'5", not Mr. Clean bald but getting there. I plan on playing 10/20 or 15/30 til I feel the need (usually around 3AM or so) to play some drunken LL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding a 10/20 or 15/30 game spread at MGM that hour of the night.