Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 07:35 PM

Default A couple of things im having problems with

I am definately a limit player, but I like to play no limit to mix it up. I would just like to know what you guys think of two general situations. Assume you are playing against typical online players.

First; 3-4 people limp or one person makes a small raise, and you have AK or AQ in the blinds, and you call. Flop comes ace high w/ a flush draw but nothing to scary. Do you c/r or lead out?

Second; A couple of people limp and you have a hand like 10s or JJ in the blinds. Do you raise preflop, or take the flop. If the flop comes with an ace do you lead or generally dump the hand?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: A couple of things im having problems with

First, you should pot reraise that small raise.

Second, you should ALWAYS RAISE jacks are a very good hand. If an ace flops, it's really dependent or not if you should lead. 5 to flop, there's no point to even leading. One thing to remember is you don't need to make a full pot bet when the ace flops, b/c it's usually either someone has the ace or they don't, so save yourself some money and bet for value with the best hand, and if you are called (especially on rainbow flop), you can probably just check-fold knowing you don't have the best hand.