Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Program for putting big red circle around active window?

There's no need to compile anything. Just right click on the link and save it as party.ahk. To run it you have to have AutoHotKey which you can get here. Once you download and install all you have to do is double click on the file you saved and it will start to run. If you want to have an image (circle in this instance) pop up over the table you've selected make sure the image is in the same folder as the script.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 AM

awesome, it works now. except the circle.bmp thing. i made a circle, saved it as that .bmp file, and put it in the same folder as the script. no go.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:29 AM

Rename to Circle.gif

Ha, I figured something out!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:48 AM

Thanks again Jarek, works great.

Can it be modified so that once you have acted on the active table it then waits until an action is required on another table and focuses on that one with the circle? Sort of Like Orca's MTH script, but without popping the table to a different location (that kinda got me dizzy and I never play more than 4 tables on a 2001FP).

This way:
Your tables would all stay in the same location for easier reads
You would not have to navigate between tables
When an action was required it would be very clear which table you were acting on
Old 07-18-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no need to compile anything. Just right click on the link and save it as party.ahk. To run it you have to have AutoHotKey which you can get here. Once you download and install all you have to do is double click on the file you saved and it will start to run. If you want to have an image (circle in this instance) pop up over the table you've selected make sure the image is in the same folder as the script.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, this looks very cool, so thanks in advance. One question as I'll only be able to try this later: I noticed some recommending changing the properties of the windows to show the active window with a red border. Wouldn't this work instead of needing to create and place a large GIF over the open table?

Albert
Old 07-18-2005, 01:43 PM

Zee was asking about that and I tried it but it did not work as described. I think what he really wanted was for any table requiring action to have the border flash red instead of the two shades of gray. Then you could navigate to that table using this script and perform your action.

What I was hoping for was a program that would autonavigate to the next table requiring action. Then this script would highlight said table with the .gif and you could choose your action. Afterwards it would simply autonavigate to the next table requiring action. You could still use the standard nav keys to act on say table Q if for instance you already knew what you wanted to do at table Q but the next table in line was table E with a tough decision that you needed more time with.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zee was asking about that and I tried it but it did not work as described. I think what he really wanted was for any table requiring action to have the border flash red instead of the two shades of gray. Then you could navigate to that table using this script and perform your action.

What I was hoping for was a program that would autonavigate to the next table requiring action. Then this script would highlight said table with the .gif and you could choose your action. Afterwards it would simply autonavigate to the next table requiring action. You could still use the standard nav keys to act on say table Q if for instance you already knew what you wanted to do at table Q but the next table in line was table E with a tough decision that you needed more time with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll test it out anyhow. I wonder whether one can hotkey the preset actions such as Check/Fold, etc. Thanks for the reply.

Albert
Old 07-18-2005, 04:30 PM

Already in the script
Old 07-18-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here you go

PartySkins

I think you should be able to just right click on the link and save as.

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded it and tested it on a couple of limit tables. I liked it a lot, and found it tons better than moving the mouse all over the place to switch between tables, and dictate the action. Many thanks!

Albert
Old 07-19-2005, 01:47 PM

At work right now, so I can't just check this myself:

My laptop doesn't have a numberpad; if I want to use, for example, the number 1 to fold, do I just change where it says "Numpad1" to 1? The letter hotkeys worked fine, so I'm guessing that was my problem; too busy playing last night to figure it out.

Thanks for posting this; it'll sure make playing on a laptop on the couch a lot easier!