Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Zerorake.com

[ QUOTE ]
I paid and average of $140 in rake to clear each of the last Party and PokerNow $100 reload bonuses

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are basically getting a rake discount, the site is still makng money from somewhere.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:28 PM

I played there for a couple of weeks when it was popular (5-20 people on at a time) and it was the greatest thing ever. I saved over $1000 in rake and freerolled my way into the site. It eventually died because of lack of trust from others so I just cashed out my money and hoped another site like this would one day come again. A poker players dream has died.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I'm not a shill, but a player who is sick of paying thousands in rake each month.
Locked out of neteller? What the f are you talking about?
I've cashed out twice on zerorake and had no problems. The site is run by tigergaming and is not going to shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what the f i am talking about. Here is a chat I had with Zero Rake when they told me they no longer can accept Neteller. A sign of a huge money problem I am sure.

Here is a copy of a live chat I had with Zerorake after a spammer hit the board.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Harry'
Harry: Welcome to Live Help. My name is Harry, how may I help you?
Rakesucks: hi i am trying to make a deposit to Zero Rake it gives me an error
Rakesucks: NETeller returned some error while processing your transaction.
Rakesucks: it did this the last time i tried a month+ ago
Rakesucks: are you no longer taking deposits?
Rakesucks: i have much more then the $25 i am trying to deposit
Harry: We are still accepting deposits on ZeroRake.
Harry: May I have your username and email address please so that I can look further into this?
Rakesucks: Rakesucks
Rakesucks: pokeraddict@pokeraddict.net
Harry: Thank you, one moment please.
Rakesucks: brb as you look, i wonder if part of the problem you have no games is because noone can deposit
Harry: It has been mentioned to me that ZeroRake is currently in a 'holding period', and that it appears Neteller deposits can no longer be processed, however Firepay and credit card purchases should still be able to go through.
Rakesucks: ok ty
Harry: You're welcome, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. If you need any further assistance just feel free to ask.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:59 AM

Just a quick note on this. It looks like zerorake is back up with neteller. They finally fixed the problem.

Instyle007
Old 12-24-2004, 02:20 AM

This is just a footnote for all the naysayers. I received an unexpected e-mail today, reminding me that I had a cash balance that I could retrieve. Since the games at zerorake have been defunct for some time, this really came out of the blue:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear pannukakku,

We are closing the door on Zero Rake and would like to offer you 2 options with your remaining balance of $72.04. You can either cash it out thought your NETeller account today or you can have the money transferred to our sister site, Holy Cow Poker. With 4000+ players, there is always a game at Holy Cow Poker. The choice is yours. We would be happy to make the transfer for you or cash you out right to your NETeller account. If you do not have a NETeller account we can help you set one up with a simple tutorial.

Thank you for playing with us!

Customer Support
ZeroRake.com

[/ QUOTE ]
It would appear that some folks don't abscond with your cash even when their business model is a failure. RIP zerorake. I'll miss this site. I wholly enjoyed the experience of being able to play against reasonably strong players and still make money.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:37 PM

With the site closing AND the players receiving their money back it appears that Dutch had nothing to do with the site.

"I wholly enjoyed the experience of being able to play against reasonably strong players and still make money."

With you cashing out $72, exactly how much money did you make at a site with at best one short low-limit game?

MS Sunshine
Old 12-24-2004, 05:27 PM

I made exactly $1,234.00 ($68.00 + 294.00 + 429.00 + $372.40* + 70.60, cashout charges included), almost all between 7/7/04 and 9/25/04. Most of this was at tables between 2/4 and 5/10, and I didn't play there often (it was my second choice generally). In any case, it was goo-ood to be one of the better players there when these games were going. The lack of a rake opens up a variety of otherwise marginal -EV hands, ideal for natural aggressives to prey on the loose, tight, weak, and passive players, and boosts your hourly rate significantly.

* I removed #372.40 of my remaining balance on September 25th, when it was clear that zerorake was no longer a going concern. I left a smallish amount there in case I wanted to play a little more, but I didn't really expect to get it back.