Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Results and rereasie more preflop?

FWIW I called the bet. Immediately I clicked the call button I thought I was making a mistake. He showed AQ.

Good result for me, but not as a result of my play and I'm not happy with the way I played my hand. I think I should probably have pushed the turn and taken down the pot then just to avoid the kind of decison I made on the river, but of course I would then have missed out on the additional $40, and anything he did call the push with probably has me beat.

And with regards the bigger raise pre-folp, isnt that more than likely going to take the pot there and then? Dont I want action with aces? I know they arent infallible but isnt the idea to get heads up with one other opponent? A larger raise probably folds out AQs, AJs, A10s, hands I dominate. The only hands i would have thought call the bigger raise are other big pocket pairs, which while I accept it would be good to play against (and know i was playing against) may very well raise my reraise anyway. Glad to hear others thoughts on this, suspect I may be wrong but would like to know why.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: NL50 AA facing all in on the river

[ QUOTE ]
raise more preflop, pot the flop, push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, you got one right xxxxx.

Edit: Do you mind if I use your real name on 2p2?

Edit of edit: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like checking behind the turn, though I call any river bet accept maybe the queen pairing if I check behind.