Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 03:51 PM

Default A place for a river bet/fold?

Wow. The 1/2 tables SUCK. I haven't been able to find one over 20 avg VPIP in 2 days. It's boring doing nothing but stealing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Steal attempt. This hand is actually better than stuff I've been stealing with for the past 6 orbits, which is why I went for it in MP1. Villan actually has LAP stats (40-some/22/0.7), but he's only been at the table for a couple of orbits. I'm multi-tabling, and haven't seen him do anything.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ?

Feel free to comment on the flop/turn bets, but what I'm really interested in is the response to the river raise.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: A place for a river bet/fold?

I call here. How often are you giving him credit for a flush/straight on a raise? And I don't think he's trapping with a jack.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:57 PM

I'm a newbie so take it for what it's worth...

This happens to me mostly when I've been stealing frequently. They call me down and hit an overcard. In this situation, I usually fold.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 PM

Looks fine mate, I'd say you can let it go on the river unless he's tricky.
NH.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM

Reads? No
Can you fold to the river raise? Not really
So there isn't anything you could do different IMO.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM

I snap off a lot of bluffs at Absolute 1/2 calling this raise. With a read on player as straightforward I won't, but this is a bluff-play I see quite a bit of.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:21 PM

Scary card, no way to put a tricky read on him, and all the aggression so far has come from you. I figure he's got to think that you're likely to call the raise, and the pot's not huge, so I'm inclined to believe he's got us beat.

On a more metagame level, though, I have a question. You've been stealing a lot. If you pay off the raise, anyone paying attention can see what you open-raised with preflop. If you fold, someone may notice that you'll (hopefully sensibly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) fold to aggression when a scare card hits. Which would you rather have the other players pick up, regardless of whether you would win this particular hand?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Results and an answer

[ QUOTE ]
On a more metagame level, though, I have a question. You've been stealing a lot. If you pay off the raise, anyone paying attention can see what you open-raised with preflop. If you fold, someone may notice that you'll (hopefully sensibly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) fold to aggression when a scare card hits. Which would you rather have the other players pick up, regardless of whether you would win this particular hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villan flipped T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and left a few hands later. After showdown he said (paraphrased), "I wasn't bluffing. I figured you for overs, and thought I had the best hand. Who raises A9 preflop?" I said, "I can be funny that way, sometimes, when I forget my meds."

I was expecting to get more bet/fold responses, quite frankly.

On a metagame level, I want these effers to see that I'm stealing from them. Maybe they'll loosen up a little. I'd stand on my head stacking bb's if that would get the table VPIP up over 20! The "folding to aggression" read from other players can only benefit me (and, in fact, only has relevance) if there are going to be other players in hands with me, which so far at this table there hadn't been in 100 or so hands.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Results and an answer

Nice turn out, I feel so weak tight.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. The 1/2 tables SUCK. I haven't been able to find one over 20 avg VPIP in 2 days. It's boring doing nothing but stealing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not move over to 6max then? That's where the action is. You're wasting your time if the tables are really that bad.