Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Review Hand 55

No point in posting the hand # if I'm reposting.

- - - HAND 2653257129 - - -
PreFlop: Hero is MP2 with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10 Players)
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, 4 folds, BB checks,

Flop: (1.75 SB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets , BB folds, UTG+2 folds,

This is the second time within a few hands hero has flopped a set with 3 to the flop and is first to bet on the flop. Hero has position here, and it's checked to him. Any reason not to peel one off for free? I would think that a flush draw bets, 89 bets, 68 bets, 46 bets, and a T bets. This looks like a good risk/reward hand to check with, especially considering the increased bet on the turn. Thoughts?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Review Hand 55

I'd bet the flop. Don't let the flush catch up for free by checking the flop.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the flop. Don't let the flush catch up for free by checking the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this more of an issue in a raised pot?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 AM

I dont think so. People limp suited aces a lot as well as KQs and KJs and any of those hands could be diamonds. Not the mention the suited connectors as well.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think so. People limp suited aces a lot as well as KQs and KJs and any of those hands could be diamonds. Not the mention the suited connectors as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed my original post. Aren't suited aces betting into this flop???
Old 10-05-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed my original post. Aren't suited aces betting into this flop???

[/ QUOTE ]

not usually. opponents who aggressively play draws are relatively rare at micro tables. at higher limits, it becomes more likely (though still opponent specific). in this case, because there are only 3 people, even "aggressive draw players" may not feel there is value in a flop bet into the pf raiser.

depending on the opponents, my relative position, and board texture i sometimes will check the flop and try to get big bets in on the turn with a flopped set. however, i usually don't when the board is 2 toned and "drawy" (not considering opponents).
Old 10-05-2005, 10:12 AM

I bet here too. I don't want to give any free cards for flush draws......although, I see that there is only 2 other players in...maybe it's close here. If there were more players, I would definitely lead. Here, maybe check.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:14 AM

I think many of those draws may not bet, thinking they will get raised and that there aren't enough people in the hand for a value bet of a draw. I'm betting this flop every time.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM

i think a bet here is right, it is a calculated risk for such a small pot to give a free card. if you bet and everyone folds now they would probably fold on a turn bet also. so you could make extra on drawing hands or nothing with the expectation of making nothing on a turn bet. Or give a free and lose a whole pot. im not articulating correctly but i bet here inless i know my opponents are aggressive and will bet almost any turn card.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:43 AM

Agreed. I will almost always bet here. Esp 2 flush/str8 cards. Just pointing out it might be close call with only two others in the hand, small pot.