Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:04 PM

Default live 4-8 KK vs slAG

This was one from this weekend at the MGM. Good table, despite the fact that there turned out to be 2 others 2+2'ers at the table, + 2 other aggresive 20-somethings who were running the table over. The other seats were filled by basically bad/average players who seemed happy to be donating.

Villian in this hand is one of the 20-somethings. She probably plays too many hands, but plays them all smart/aggresively. She is a good hand reader, and is capable of folding on any street. She has seen me win about 50 BB's in the past 2 hours, and I think she respects my game.

Anywho, she open-raises in EP, I 3 bet a couple spots later with KK. Everyone else folds, she calls, and we're heads-up.

Flop comes QQT rainbow. She bets. What's your plan?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: live 4-8 KK vs slAG

Call down.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:19 PM

I think it's way-ahead/way-behind time. I'd just call all the way (unimproved). Let her keep bluffing if that's what she's doing, lose the least if she's not.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:34 PM

What about raising the river?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:40 PM

for those saying call down, I think I need to put in a raise somewhere, especially against an aggresive player who will keep betting into me.

it is probably a WA/WB situation, but which do you think is more likely?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:47 PM

Much of that depends upon what she open raises with in EP. Since she didn't cap PF I don't expect A's or K's. I don't see her holding Q's as she would probably check quads to the PF raiser and c/r either the flop or turn.

So she could have a suited connector hand containing a Q, have you seen her slow play sets or does she bet them? Given that you said she's tricky and aggressive I don't instantly give her credit for a Q and I'd be tempted to raise the flop back at her and if she 3 bet's it, then I lean towards calling down UI.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:50 PM

I thought about raising somewhere along the way, but I don't think I like it.

If you think she's betting a draw the time to raise would be the turn, but that seems unlikely. She knows there's a good chance you might raise, there's little chance you'll just fold, and paying two bets to draw instead of one seems silly.

I'm guessing if she had a hand like KJ she would check-raise somewhere to increase the likelihood of you folding.

Also, if she wants to semi-bluff me w/ a gutshot I'm okay with just calling down if I know she's going to take 3 shots at it.

If you raise on the river I think that you're either going to fold a worse hand or be raised by a better one way more often than you'll be called and still win the pot.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:12 PM

Yeah. Good point on the river raise. However, I still feel like I want to raise in here, and I don't really want to raise the flop. Calling down isn't terrible, however.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:25 PM

I'd call the flop

reevaluate on the turn(might raise, might call)
Old 07-12-2005, 08:19 PM

:Grunching:
I would raise. I doubt she would raise in EP with AQ, so she probably has AK or a PP (which could be tens). If she just calls, I would raise the turn and try to gauge her reaction again, maybe I'm a SLAG but it is my nature to try to take control of the hand when there is evidence I'm ahead. I am hoping she has AK here and is charging the straight draw. If she raises I'd likely call/fold or just fold -putting her on tens. Too loose?
-flyangler-