Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Flop Set with Flush Draw and Aggression

Villain is 55/5/4.6 after 35 hands. I was on the fence here. What's your line? Pay 2 BB's to catch a boat?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds, CO folds, UTG calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 04-17-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Flop Set with Flush Draw and Aggression

This is a terrible fold. Call and re-evaluate on the river, but there are too many two-pair hands he'd play this way too.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:07 PM

See a river card.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your line? Pay 2 BB's to catch a boat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Seriously dude, what are you thinking here? Even if you don't have the best hand, you have 10 outs to a boat+.

I say this out of love so you will never do this again: the penalty for this should be someone ripping open yr chest and tearing out yr fuc[/i]king soul. Don't do this. This is a fuc[/i]ktard play. You don't want the kids calling you a fuc[/i]ktard, do you?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:12 PM

Good thing you posted this hand. You just fixed a leak.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a terrible fold. Call and re-evaluate on the river, but there are too many two-pair hands he'd play this way too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you should say that... Then you normally call 2 on the turn even when there is another to act behind you? How many bets do you go? I was also considering about having it raised again behind me.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you should say that... Then you normally call 2 on the turn even when there is another to act behind you? How many bets do you go? I was also considering about having it raised again behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have to call 4 bets on the turn because it gets 3-bet and capped behind you, you're looking at 16.75:4, and you're 3.6:1 to fill up on the river. Do you see why it's an easy call?

Now, given the bet-raise on the turn, I'm calling a non-heart river, because I don't think he's got a flush &gt; 1/3 of the time. This isn't the story if it goes 3bet-cap, but if it's just bet-raise, I'm not planning on folding UI given your read. You'll see AT quite often here, AQ occasionally, and QT as well.

Rob
Old 04-17-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's your line? Pay 2 BB's to catch a boat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Seriously dude, what are you thinking here? Even if you don't have the best hand, you have 10 outs to a boat+.

I say this out of love so you will never do this again: the penalty for this should be someone ripping open yr chest and tearing out yr fuc[/i]king soul. Don't do this. This is a fuc[/i]ktard play. You don't want the kids calling you a fuc[/i]ktard, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough love sucks without a femdom in the room... Point taken. Leak fixed. Thank you very much, may I have another?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough love sucks without a femdom in the room... Point taken. Leak fixed. Thank you very much, may I have another?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like you will fit in just fine here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As a side note, there is a very good chance you will fold the best hand making this play, as Entity told you.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:23 PM

I don't like your play at all, even if you knew he had a flush, you'd still be justified to calling EVEN IF IT WAS CAPPED. Now, for all you know this guy has two pair or maybe even top pair and a flush draw, which means YOU'RE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE FOLDING. EITHER WAY YOU'RE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE (because you are either ahead, or you have ten outs to win).

If you don't understand exactly what I am saying then learn the fundamental theorem of poker IMMEDIATELY.