Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Bet and Raise On Turn

I've read a decent amount here but haven't posted replies or hands very often. This one is bothering me from last night so any input would be appreciated. (I use the term hero very lightly in this post)

SB = 70% VPIP 5% Raise 1.5 AF
UTG + 1 = slightly loose but pretty normal player. Not great, not horrendous...nothing remarkable.
Both over ~40 hands

PREFLOP:
UTG + 1 calls, Hero (UTG + 2) RAISES with AQo
MP calls,SB calls,BB folds

FLOP: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero has no [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB BETS, UTG + 1 RAISES, Hero 3 BETS, MP folds....call, call.

TURN: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB BETS, UTG + 1 RAISES, Hero...?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Bet and Raise On Turn

Looks like UTG+1 has a 9T, raised pre-flop with his open-ended and hit it on the turn. Perhaps SB has QJ. Either way, it looks like your AQo is no good. I would fold.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:37 PM

SB doesn't really scare me here, but the raise by UTG on the turn shows a lot of strength. I think this is a clear fold on the turn. You have tried to tell them at every chance that you have AQ, KK, or AA, but they don't care.

Now UTG may be a decent player who knows SB is laggy, but unless you have previous evidence of this I would fold.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:38 PM

Hmm.

I'm pretty sure I can find a fold here for two bets on the turn.

I may not like it, but I think it's there.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 01:41 PM

I'm not worried about SB here on the turn as he's pretty much betting any made hand here I would think. But UTG's hand is pretty troubling. You're pretty much hoping for something like J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here, I think I would have to lay it down.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:57 PM

I'll fold this and then complain to myself when UTG+1 shows me AQs when he gets called down on a non-spade river card.

Too many possible hands for him that you're behind and so few that you're ahead of. I may complain, but I won't feel bad about the fold.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:11 PM

On the turn, I am getting 12:2 to call. I have 5 outs to two pair or 3 of a kind. Some of these might be tainted by straight/flush draws/hands with a Q that have already made two pair/sets. I'll reduce it to 3 and feel generous about it. Occassionally, someone will have a lower two pair and I'll have counterfeiting outs. I'll hike it back up to 4 and again feel generous with that estimation. I'm counting 42:4 odds against to win. Which makes this a clear fold assuming I'm behind. Of course this is what we're debating.

Unfortunately, I wasn't behind. SB had a small pair and BB played his Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] very well and knocked me off best hand.