Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: TPwK/Flush draw... turn play?

[ QUOTE ]
Hero played this 100% like a flush draw, and expecting him to bet the turn is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Got it. Going for the check-raise here is a no-no. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reasoning please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because your holding a hand where your equity is larger than the fields.

Sage[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'Metric fuckload.' I love SI units.

So, if I bet and am just called in a couple spots, are you calling a bet from your right on the river UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^ This is a good question
Old 06-14-2005, 03:32 PM

I think you should bet the turn.

HEFAP also suggests that you may bet the turn, when you have a pair and 4 flush as a semi-bluff. You have 14 outs to improve to a strong hand and the possibility that all your opponents will fold.

As you mentioned your pair of K's may already be the best hand and your opponents have shown weakness by checking to you.

If UTG check-raises you have 9 outs to the 2nd nut flush, and if only one of MP2 or CO come along for the ride you will have maintained your equity edge. Also if either or both of MP2 and CO fold, you will have improved your winning chances.

I think when HEFAP suggests checking hands with outs and betting made hands with few outs on the turn, that it is referring to situations, where you are more likely to be beaten by a stronger hand when the pot is multiway and you probably have to catch your draw to win.

They use as an example your having 2 pair, when there are 3 flush cards on board, and you are first to act on the turn against 3 or more opponents.

The difference in your hand, is that you have had the advantage of already seeing all your opponents check to you, and there is a strong likelihood that you have the best hand.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:44 PM

I suppose that you would have raised the first flop bet to try to fold out some of the overcards to your 7, to improve your chances of winning the pot if your 7 paired.

Correct ?
Old 06-14-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised the first flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone please explain this one to me.... I have never made this play and would like to understand what the point of it is.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:34 PM

That's why UTG's turn check confused the hell out of me, since he was normally fairly aggressive. If he had a hand, I'd really expect him to bet out here in an attempt to deny a free look at the river.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Turn action... river

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

River: (13.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="green"> Action to Hero... </font>

Okay, what the hell. When UTG just called my turn bet, I felt like my kings were good. So, him coming out firing on the river when a brick fell was unexpected. If MP2 folds I call this every time, but I'm not sure if I want to overcall.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:53 PM

Given your equity, I think your flop play was great. You raised after everyone was in for two thereby increasing your expectation. Had you raised the first time everyone behind you has to call two bets...

IMO you played it perfectly.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Turn action... river

Hmmmmm, if I were to guess, I think he has 99 and played the turn awfully. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't overcall an UTG bet here. I'm folding.

-Jaran