Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2005, 07:00 AM

Default continually running on empty

yeah it's me again [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

the bubble play is killing me. absolutely killing me. i've looked at both the major SNG threads with all their links, but it's not helping. i finish 3rd 7x the amount i'm finishing first, and i'm ITM from bubble 69%. here's the effect on my ROI (i'm finally a losing player even with the rake!):

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~jack0346/ROI%...TM%20Graph.png

i know it's early, but damnit something is really going wrong and i really need help with my supposed lack of aggression. i'd rather fix it now then later. i haven't scanned through them all, but i'd estimate at least 90% of the time there are 4 or 5 left i'm the short stack, and usually a major one. like last game with 4 left i had about 400 chips. it's either bust out on the bubble or somehow make it to third and be blinded out on the first hand.

the guides here say to play tight early. i think this is just wrong. i have done this only to see my chips dwindle to the point where my only chance of survival is a very fast game so the blinds don't catch up.

another problem is once i finally get a pushing hand, i have almost no FE. like last game, i had 400 and others had about 2000/2400/3200 or so. who isn't going to call that push? even if there's only one major stack, he will almost always take the initiative and try to bust me right there to get ITM for sure.

i'm just very frustrated because i have really looked over bubble play material on this site but haven't found it very helpful. i have tried to follow AleoMagus' guide but i just think it's too tight.

i am looking for any sort of advice, or maybe if you were kind enough to look at some full hand histories to see how i'm playing. thanks.

alternatively, if anyone has some full hand histories of their own (where they didn't get lots of good hands of course) that they could show me, i'd appreciate it. i'm hoping this will help me see the errors i'm making.

i think i should take a break as well until i really develop a better plan.