Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Session from Hell - Thoughts

Paradise .50-1.00. Very good table. 40-60% to the flop. Full of fish which are now all fat and happy. Hero ended the night -65bb in 3 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

4 Brutal hands for review - Any thoughts appreciated.

<font color="blue">HAND #1 </font>

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in CO

UTG limps, EP2 limps, folded to MP3 Limps, Hero Raises, SB calls, BB calls, All call...6 to the flop -

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB Checks, BB Checks, UTG bets, EP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero "smooth calls", SB calls, BB folds.

Turn - A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB Checks, UTG Bets, MP3 calls, Hero raises, SB Folds, UTG 3 bets, MP3 Folds, Hero caps, UTG calls.

River 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG Checks, Hero Bets, UTG Check raises, Hero 3 bets, UTG calls.

UTG = 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (ouch) - but he cost himself a bet on the end [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

<font color="blue">HAND #2 -</font>

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the Button.

UTG limps, MP1 Limps, MP3 Limps, CO limps, Hero raises, BB calls, All call. 6 to the flop -

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 Calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero Raises, BB folds, UTG 3 bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn = 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG Bets, MP1 folds, Hero raises, UTG 3 bets, Hero Caps, UTG calls.

River - J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (uh oh)

UTG Bets, Hero Calls.

UTG = J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Argh!)

<font color="blue">HAND #3 - </font>

Folded to Hero on the Button with JJ

Hero Raises, SB and BB call, 3 to the flop -

T 3 5 - rainbow

SB checks, BB checks, Hero Bets, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn - 7

SB bets, Hero Raises, SB 3 bets, Hero Caps SB calls.

River - 8

SB checks, Hero Raises, SB check raises, Hero calls.

SB = 88 (22-1 nice one)

<font color="blue">HAND #4 - Capped the night off!! </font>

Hero with "black" aces in MP1

Folded to EP2 limps, Hero Raises, CO Calls, BB calls, EP2 calls. 4 to the flop -

T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB folds - ? (funny when they do that), EP2 bets, Hero Raises, Co folds, Ep2 calls.

Turn - 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EP2 bets, Hero Raises, EP2 calls.

River = 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP2 checks, Hero bets, EP2 calls -

EP2 - 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (AIYYYYAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!)

My confidence is shattered, I'm having chest pain, and officially on TILT! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Session from Hell - Thoughts

Nothing you could do about these hands, if you played the rest tiltfree, I would say you did a good job.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:49 PM

Yeah, thats pretty rough, but you never did anything majorly wrong in the hands just got sucked out on by a couple of monsters [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And aslong as you didn't really tilt ..

I've just come out of a run of sessions like that myself - went on for about a week in total and you just have to keep telling yourself that your doing that right things and it will turn ... eventually ...

Old 02-04-2004, 07:55 PM

I tilted after I quit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have three sessions in a row at this level pretty much the same....

I'm 2-13 with pockets aces in the last 3 sessions. Not really a big deal just frustrating. Good news is that I'm beating the 1-2 game and recovering a bit of these losses. Doesn't make sense to me when you can beat the better players and lose to the weaker ones. Still learning I guess.

Old 02-04-2004, 08:00 PM

I consider myself a newbie, but even I have lost pots with almost every hand that you could lose with. I don't remember getting anything like hand 1 though, and have never lost with quads, so I have something to look forward to. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I saw someone else post that if they had a really bad session and felt their confidence was shaken they would play something like .01/.02 for a session just to get their confidence back. Review your hand play, review poker tracker stats, adjust where needed, and keep betting. Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2004, 12:15 AM

Regarding Hand #1, you have to love an opponent who plays 63s UTG and then doesn't bother to cap the river when his straight flush hits. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to love an opponent who...doesn't bother to cap the river when his straight flush hits. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like what I did during a recent 2/4 game at the Orleans--because I didn't see that my rivered Q-high flush with QJs was actually a str8flush [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 10:03 AM

Absolutely brutal. I think the worst beating I've ever taken was about 50 BB's in 7-8 hours.

Sounds like you've got the right attitude and discipline to shake it off though. Good luck.

Man, I can't get over that straight flush suckout though. whew!

--Zetack
Old 02-05-2004, 11:51 AM

Yikes...the only thing worse than running cold and not hitting any hands is having monsters that die on the river!

Much more expensive than just running cold. My guess is the guy in Hand 1 didn't even realize he had the SF. It should be a law of nature that someone who is too dumb see he has a SF, should never be allowed to have one.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:49 PM

This happened to me when I had ATs, flopped the nut flush (KQ4s), and caught the royal flush on the river. When the board didn't pair I knew I had a winner, and focused on keeping my opponents in the hand for as long as possible. The significance of the jack didn't even register.