Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Looking forward to seeing this hand tonight *SPOILER*

Seems like ESPN edited so that Tiffany plays ACE-anything, or does she? Looks like blinds were 30-60K w/ 10K ante so her M was still about 12.

Kondracki Doubles Up, Cripples Williamson
Log: Tex Barch raises on the button. Tiffany Williamson reraises all-in for $1,200,000, and Brad Kondracki also goes all-in behind her for $900,000. Barch contemplates the call, pump fakes the muck, and then folds. Heads up now. Kondracki shows A-K against Williamson's A-3. The flop comes K-9-2. Williamson needs runner runner to catch up. The turn is the 9s, and Williamson is drawing dead. The river is the 5d. Kondracki doubles up to $2,000,00. Williamson is left with $300,000. Barch says he folded pocket 9's.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Looking forward to seeing this hand tonight *SPOILER*

if a very aggressive player raises on the button, you do know that A high is likely the best hand. granted 9 - 9 is gonna call without the raise behind but a reraise from an agressive button raise is not bad poker. you probably play too tight
Old 11-08-2005, 10:56 AM

It's still too many chips to risk to gain not that many. We don't know Tex's table image either, though, so it might have been justified and it might have been incredibly donkish.

You probably play too recklessly. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 10:58 AM

im not saying the all in a good idea, especially if she was still one of the big stacks.
the only thing im saying is that A high is probably the best hand more than half the time. so if you do a small reraise and he reraises all in you probably have to fold.
so flat calling or pushing seem to be ideal options.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if a very aggressive player raises on the button, you do know that A high is likely the best hand. granted 9 - 9 is gonna call without the raise behind but a reraise from an agressive button raise is not bad poker. you probably play too tight

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not saying its bad I just want to see it. The description is pretty vague, and yes I do play too tight.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's still too many chips to risk to gain not that many. We don't know Tex's table image either, though, so it might have been justified and it might have been incredibly donkish.

You probably play too recklessly. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I could never risk that many chips w/ A3. I think you could find a better spot, but like you said we have no idea what was going on at the table.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like ESPN edited so that Tiffany plays ACE-anything, or does she? Looks like blinds were 30-60K w/ 10K ante so her M was still about 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure ESPN did edit, or rather ONLY show those types of hands for Tiff. However, even if they didn't do that, well, the AAWD (Any Ace Will Do) Syndrome is COMMON to newer players, even ones who have played for a few years.

Jennfier Tilly's fav hand now, is Ace/7 O/S because she decimated the field with it in the Ladies WSOP event.

Just watch the WPT Ladies Night III event the next time it comes on the Travel channel, and you'll see what I mean.

Jennifer must of played 60 to 70 percent of the hands played (they showed half way through the statistic for her that she'd at that time, played over 50 percent of the time that hands were dealt to her).

So, it's a common mistake that newbies make, especially if they feel that they are getting pushed around, by more experienced players.

Now, the hand that I am hoping to see, is 'the gum incident' that Mike Paule (from Poker Pages) told about in his blog at the time.

I can't find the link right now, but if I do, I'll post it.

It's quite humorous, and show's Tiff's sense of humor (as it was laugh out loud funny), when she threw into the pot, a pack of her gum ... to sweeten the deal, so to speak.