Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Chink In Republican Armor...Jerry Kilgore

Many pundits are saying that the Virginia governors race might be a pre-cursor of things to come. Everyone should be watching this race.

Jerry Kilgore, a Republican candidate in a red-state isn't having as easy a time of it as many pundits thought he would.

Jerry has run his campaign in a straight, by the books, republican campaign-by-numbers strategy that has so far allowed them to gain control of almost every facet of the Federal Government today…and many state Govt’s as well.

Kilgore even hired the same media outfit who won over Georgia voters by morphing a Viet Nam war veteran who lost two legs and an arm in Vietnam into a likeness of Osama Bin Laden -to show that he was unpatriotic- and who later created the brilliant Swift Boat ads....and voters may have finally had enough.

This standard republican campaign strategy has taken Jerry Kilgore from being up 10 points in September to being behind by 2 points in October.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Chink In Republican Armor...Jerry Kilgore

i_attack_yo_mom
stranger

Reged: 10/22/05

Can I get odds on this poster ever posting again?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 09:53 AM

it is interesting though - shows the two faces of the Republican -

RB
Old 10-23-2005, 10:00 AM

I've seen the two faces of the Republicans. Up way too close and mighty damned personal.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:54 AM

When I saw the title I thought you were referring to these guys.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:57 PM

Yeah, Kilgore is a real douchebag. He made some ads featuring families of murder victims saying they didn't trust his opponent to enforce the death penalty because he is a Catholic, and they demonized him for "voluntarily representing" an inmate on death row.. What a class act.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Yeah, Kilgore is a real douchebag. He made some ads featuring families of murder victims saying they didn't trust his opponent to enforce the death penalty because he is a Catholic, and they demonized him for "voluntarily representing" an inmate on death row.. What a class act.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worse than the Kaine ads attacking Kilgore as "not willing to defend Virginians" when he was the AG.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No worse than the Kaine ads attacking Kilgore as "not willing to defend Virginians" when he was the AG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. These guys have spent so much money telling me what's wrong with the other that they've forgotten to tell me just what exactly they stand for.

I for one will vote for Tim Kaine if for no other reason than his last name sounds less violent.

Got a better reason anyone?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:17 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. These guys have spent so much money telling me what's wrong with the other that they've forgotten to tell me just what exactly they stand for.

I for one will vote for Tim Kaine if for no other reason than his last name sounds less violent.

Got a better reason anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am registered in Florida so I am merely an interested observer here in Virginia. But the ads have certainly ramped up lately.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, that's become the norm in too many races. At all levels.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I didn't care for him, I didn't want to Kill-Gore, either.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]