Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 12:50 AM

Default To all the PV haters

Sorry for starting another thread about this, but I felt the need to share my PV experience.

About 2 months ago my PV stopped working, and I couldn't figure out why. Some visits to the forum and some exchanges of emails and posts turned up nothing. so amir gave me his AIM addy and then proceded to spend 2 hours with me going over things, updating code and sending me new .EXEs until it was fixed. All that back when it was a free and he didnt get [censored] for it.

God knows how many hours hes put into that thing, and I wish him all the best and lots of success with it. And if he thinks $50 or whatever is what its worth, well then that sounds right to me.

Its fairly simple. If you think it will make you more than $50, then buy it. If not, then don't.

Bitching about it because you used to get it for free is just [censored] lame. The people involved in it have every right to make money on it, god knows theyve earned it. So to bad you dont get to freeroll on it anymore, you made money off it and didnt even have the courtesy to donate to the cause, and now you are pissed you gotta pay for something that makes you money. Weaksauce
Old 05-04-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: To all the PV haters

Amen. Don't be a Playaview hater.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:07 AM

Yes. We did need a new playerview thread. It would have been very difficult to express your views in an existing thread. Great idea.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:16 AM

If you look at past posts, I have slammed people for saying bad things about PV. I remember one guy called it half-assed at best and that really set me off... with one of my main points against his comments being that it's free.

Now that it's no longer free though, everything's game. All the bugs, all the flaws, all the problems it has, it is now fair game for people to openly bitch about.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:35 AM

I really just think it's a poor business decision on his part. I believe he could sell way more than twice as many if he sold it for $25.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:15 AM

Default For the record

The thread I started was not to flame PV, but to make all aware here that use it that is was being sold, I have stated in past that he intended to sell it at some point, that time has come, and if he can make a little$ from it, good for him. Price aside, would you but PT if it was $100? (if its worth that to you the answer is yes) PV same thing, if you think it will help you make money, even at the .50-1 level, it should pay for itself.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: For the record

[ QUOTE ]
PV same thing, if you think it will help you make money, even at the .50-1 level, it should pay for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
By this logic, it could cost $10,000 and it would still be worth it. It would eventually pay for itself. It's a basic example of supply and demand. At $50, the demand is low. Thus, to maximize their profits, they should lower the price so that supply equlas demand.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. We did need a new playerview thread. It would have been very difficult to express your views in an existing thread. Great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]Alobar's allowed. You shut up.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Amen. Don't be a Playaview hater.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree Amir did the same thing with me. He spent alot of time on AIM helping me with more than one issue over the last couple months.
$50 for PV is a bargain. I think he priced it just right and more players will soon realize this. Its best selling point is it's so easy to use. If you multi-table at all seriously its really a no brainer.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar's allowed. You shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one thing to start another thread if you don't see an existing one; but to know there's a thread going on a topic and start and new one......why? These exact same things were being discussed in about 3 other threads. Agree or disagree with the price of playerview, but don't be an idiot and start another thread. That's cool if Alobar is your boyfriend, but it was still stupid to start a new thread when there's at so many others going.