Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Can anybody find a fold here?

You sure as hell are not going to fold the river getting 50:1 with AA on that board. Edit: 25:1, 22:1,...whatever.

I can't find a fold anywhere else, either. I see you tried to slow down but got caught in a raising war. Strange hand.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Can anybody find a fold here?

UTG+1 comes alive on the river...well, he caps the turn, finally, too, but that could be a three-might-as-well-be-four bet.

the river raise by UTG+1, with the board paired at the last minute, suggests his boat just filled up. but for a pot this big I think you've got to call 1 more and close it.

*edit*

grunching, btw.

you are probably beat with a boat from UTG+1, but you still call one more just because you can't not when it's this big. I guess that's the crying call for, you know, maybe he's got A8 and got top pair on the turn and two pair on the river. Probably not...but you don't want to "save" a bet here and find out after you've folded.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Results, and reasoning.

No, I didn't fold. Although I've been trying to get my W$SD up by folding when I'm virtually certain I'm beat, there's no way I'm folding this monster pot for one bet. I'm afraid Ed would come to my house and pound me.

My reason for not raising the turn, and maybe I'm wrong, or just shell-shocked after so many bad beats, is that in such a huge pot, nobody is folding, so raising the turn isn't going to push anybody out. If I'm beat, I don't see any reason to spew anymore chips, I just want to get to SD as cheaply as possible and get it over with. Also, by just calling and waiting to see if anyone else raises, at least I know who hit. After the turn I was convinced that UTG+1 had the set and SB and button were just hanging on and hoping.

Here's the final damage. I think this is the biggest pot in BB I've ever been in. The table broke up within three hands.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (21.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (41.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Qc Qs (two pair, queens and twos).
Hero has Ac Ad (two pair, aces and twos).
UTG+1 has 8s 8c (full house, eights full of twos).
Button has Qd Qh (two pair, queens and twos).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 50 BB. </font>