Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Stars $30+3 killer hand.

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a short while but this is my first post on 2+2 so be nice, please [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

I played this hand on another computer so I will not be able to post a HH but I remember the hand in detail anyway.

Stars $30+3 tour, I have accumulated quite a nice stack - the blinds are 200/400 with a 25 ante and I have ~8.5k in my stack; the average stack is about 5k. I have just been moved to a new table and judging by the few hands I've seen its a pretty tight table, save for the semi-tilted guy two seats to my right who has lost 3 pots in a row, one of them a failed bluff attempt.

It is folded to me in late MP and I raise with 75s to 1200 in order to pick up the blinds. It is folded to the aforementioned guy in CO (with about 15k) who makes it 3200. Now, this is where I should have folded and given up my attempt to take down the blinds and ante but I call and figures he has two high cards since he has raised about the same amount earlier and showed AQ, AJ and a low pocket pair. My plan is to stop-go with my remaining 5k if the flop does not seem to connect with his hand distribution.

Flop comes down T82, one of my suit. I reluctantly push my last 5k into the ~7k pot. He calls with AQo. I pick up an open-ended straight draw on the turn but alas, the river is a brick, and I am out.

What do you guys think? I am not sure if this is a terrible play or if it just was really ignorant of me to try to pull it off against the one guy at the table that has showed that he was at least on semi-tilt.