Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: aaahhhhhaaaahHHHHAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

We had the exact same problem in my home game. I talked to the guy by himself. He admitted it right off the bat and felt horrible. He was going through some tough financial times and needed a quick buck. I felt for him but was still pissed. So, we let him stay in the game and just kept an eye on him. Hasn't been a problem since. We also changed our shuffling/cutting procedures.

My suggestion is to have another shuffle underneath the table and, kind of jokingly say something like "man, lots of people dealing in weird ways, we should set something so we're all doing it the same way."

That way, he's not accused, but you solve the problem.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: aaahhhhhaaaahHHHHAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

[ QUOTE ]
That way, he's not accused, but you solve the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since its pretty clear he's guilty, I see no problems accusing him.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Possible Cheating (Long-ish) Please Help

I don't care if your playing with your mother, your wife, your best friend and a priest: Shuffle in turn, shuffle on the table and cut the cards. Better yet, person to the right of the dealer shuffles, person to left of dealer cuts, and dealer deals. BTW, your "friend" is no friend. He is a cheating bastard. Lose him.

Also, change the passwords on your online accounts and don't let him play from them any more. If he will cheat you, he will steal from you.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after this, I notice someting about my roommate's shuffling. he always has the cards under the table. he is not shuffling, but putting some of the discards towards the back half of the deck. additionally, he is often holding the deck at a sideways angle in his lap, and then "playing" with the deck, but in such a way that he can see the cards of the deck. occasionally, i've seen him start switching cards in the deck during a hand. also, this is the way he shuffles during every hand he is dealing. when we play at my own house heads up, he shuffles apparently normally. i have not said anything to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

um...you're not sure if he's cheating? Really?

--Zetack
Old 08-30-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after this, I notice someting about my roommate's shuffling. he always has the cards under the table. he is not shuffling, but putting some of the discards towards the back half of the deck. additionally, he is often holding the deck at a sideways angle in his lap, and then "playing" with the deck, but in such a way that he can see the cards of the deck. occasionally, i've seen him start switching cards in the deck during a hand. also, this is the way he shuffles during every hand he is dealing. when we play at my own house heads up, he shuffles apparently normally. i have not said anything to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

um...you're not sure if he's cheating? Really?

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy needs to get his ass kicked, you owe him nothing, he is a scumbag. How many weeks in a row has he been stealing $100 out of your friendly game?

F this guy. I would ask him to move out, and you are effing nuts to let him play off your accounts.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:29 PM

"and then "playing" with the deck, but in such a way that he can see the cards of the deck. occasionally, i've seen him start switching cards in the deck during a hand. "

You're an idiot, I couldn't stop laughing after reading Lottery Larry's posts and your retorts.

Sorry to be so negative but you really are somewhat of a jackass.

You are basically asking if he cheats when you stated clearly he does. He moves the cards around after looking at them?! Maybe this isn't cheating anymore

He looks at what cards are to come? Still cheating.

Why the question? You said flat out he does this. His miracle card keeps coming, and you see him bring it to the top of the deck? And you STILL ask if this is cheating?

Sorry, I'm done.

JMB

PS-I should flame you more.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
keep in mind that this is the first time that i played with my roommate where he was dealing a substantial number of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was he dealing a "substantial" number of hands? I also play in home games with friends. The typical rule is that the deal passes from player to player, the cards are ALWAYS on the table, and the player to the right cuts the deck.

And to quote chesspain....

"You must be incredibly stupid to have not noticed his overt deck-setting the first time he dealt a hand. Actually, you all must be incredibly stupid to have continued playing with this person."

-bdy
Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and also, we're giant, lazy retards....

[/ QUOTE ]

tru dat!
Old 09-04-2005, 11:05 PM

I say you get your money back then take a aluminum bat to his knee caps.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:58 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

I think the OP deserved this, since he obviously isn't bright enough to realize when someone does something THAT clearly right in front of him.

Who is worse, the person who takes advantage of another, or the person who allows himself to be taken advantage of?

To show I'm not without any shred of compassion, I had a problem in my home game where a friend I grew up with was "forgetting" to post his antes and also splashing the pot with less chips than whatever the bet might be (i.e. tossing in 50 chips on a 150 bet).

He was very entertaining and people enjoyed having him in the game, but many were getting upset that he kept "forgetting" his antes and would try to get away with it whenever he could. He just acted like it was a big friggin' joke, but with money involved there's no joking in my view.