Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2003, 11:01 AM

Location: USS George washington, Virgina, 7 months until Los Angeles
Default No Limit Hold\' em Odds Caculation

Now I consider myself a good player. I know I got the bad end of the stick on this hand. 10$ buy in live No limit hold'em , 5000$ in chips to start. I squeeze my cards and see K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ... finally I think to myself a hand I can really crack someone with. I am first to act right after the big blinds and a pretty tight player makes it 500 to go. A semi-tight aggressive makes it 1700. (by the way the blinds were 100 and 200 at this point. I move all in for the 1700 and another 1350. At this point we all flip over the cards. The two hands they held were A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], And A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . Any way here is my question. I know I have the best of it but what are the odds of me winning this hand. Can one of the mathmaitcal genius's on the sight let me know?

By the way an Ace came right out on the flop and that was all she wrote. I burned and turned these hands out against each other later on and the KK won 8 and AK won 2.

Thanks,

-Chessforlife
Old 08-26-2003, 11:17 AM

Default Re: No Limit Hold\' em Odds Caculation

Dunno exactly, but the chance of no ace (2 left in deck) on 5 card board is 44.43.42.41.40/(46.45.44.43.42)=79.2%.

A pure guess overall is 75%.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:28 PM

Default Re: No Limit Hold\' em Odds Caculation

From twodimes.net:

KK - 64.7%
AK - 17.9%
A5 - 17.4%

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)