Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 10:14 PM

Default 5/10 6m A3o against a maniac

Villain is a complete 68.09/21.28/2.85 maniac. In one hand he cold called an UTG raise from the tighest player at the table (not me), called a flop bet on an QT6r board, capped a turn K and bet a blank river. He showed A4 high. In another hand he raised his option in the BB after a CO open limp and SB fold. The flop was TJJ and went check, check. The turn A and river T were capped. Maniac had K7o.

So, help me here with a plan.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero
Old 09-23-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6m A3o against a maniac

His sb limp is suspicious. My standard play is to call down. You can't fold against this player and I think the best way to get to showdown is by letting him bet.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:15 PM

yah definitely call this down no contest
Old 09-23-2005, 10:16 PM

i generally raise preflop against this guy since he probably has absolute trash.

calling down is good because you definitely have enough equity to see a showdown but raising can cost you a lot of money if he has a good hand for once.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
68.09/21.28/2.85

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you post these stats with 2 figures after the decimal place, but fail to include the number of hands you have on villain?

PF limp is a little suspicious, but I'd raise.

I'd 3-bet the flop and any action past that would depend on feel. The only action which gives me any doubt about the strength of our hand is his pre flop complete--I'd give way more action if he had raised pre flop.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
68.09/21.28/2.85

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you post these stats with 2 figures after the decimal place, but fail to include the number of hands you have on villain?

PF limp is a little suspicious, but I'd raise.

I'd 3-bet the flop and any action past that would depend on feel. The only action which gives me any doubt about the strength of our hand is his pre flop complete--I'd give way more action if he had raised pre flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. It was almost 1000 datamined hands.

I did 3-bet the flop. I'm not sure if that's right; can you explain why you think so?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero
Old 09-23-2005, 11:12 PM

jeff could you elaborate on why you prefer 3betting the flop instead of calling? because i think the correct line is to just call. 3betting the flop put jason in this horrible predicament on the turn. if your kicker was quite large (but for some reaosn didnt raise preflop) then i could see a good arguement made for 3betting. but you are probably outkicked here a good portion of the time.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:44 PM

Raise preflop.

As played, I call the c/r and usually just call down UI.

I suck against LAGs.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jeff could you elaborate on why you prefer 3betting the flop instead of calling? because i think the correct line is to just call. 3betting the flop put jason in this horrible predicament on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet the flop because I believe that I have the best hand and 2 BB on flop+1 BB on turn/river unimproved seems like the right amount of action to me.

I don't see the predicament on the turn, it looks like an easy call down to me unless I improve.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3-bet the flop because I believe that I have the best hand and 2 BB on flop+1 BB on turn/river unimproved seems like the right amount of action to me.

I don't see the predicament on the turn, it looks like an easy call down to me unless I improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would just call down after check raise. Poker stove gives us 58% equity aganist a random hand. I dont think we are a favorate aganst his check raiseing range.