Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 11:24 PM

Default early stages black 9\'s

20/40 blinds, I'm in BB with T1610 and black 99. UTG+2 has T3000 and raises to 140 (no read on him), loose aggressive player in middle with about T3000 calls, I call.

Flop comes 47T rainbow. I lead out with 320 bet into 640 pot. UTG+2 folds, LAG thinks then raises to 640. I think then just call.

Turn is a queen. I check. LAG bets 520. I have about 830 left. Your move?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: early stages black 9\'s

I would have laid down on the flop or then re-raised him again all in. I don't like the call of the re-raise. I might have pumped it up more preflop.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have laid down on the flop or then re-raised him again all in. I don't like the call of the re-raise. I might have pumped it up more preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]you want to pump the pot oop pf wit 99? i dont like the way you played it. i dont mind your lead on flop but i think when he miniraises you, you have to push or fold and i think you can push here. people will miniraise with hands that missed alot like ak, kq etc. he may also have 88 and you may have him beat.

but on the turn i think you have to fold and save your last chips
Old 09-19-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you want to pump the pot oop pf wit 99? i dont like the way you played it. i dont mind your lead on flop but i think when he miniraises you, you have to push or fold and i think you can push here. people will miniraise with hands that missed alot like ak, kq etc. he may also have 88 and you may have him beat.

but on the turn i think you have to fold and save your last chips

[/ QUOTE ]

I was giving the suggestion to the re-raise, I probably would have played it like him.

I think it is a push or fold to the min-raise preflop call.

Since you pushed yourself to the turn I agree with Tom again that you have to muck and hope to double up those remaining 500 or so chips.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:53 PM

Default results

I went with my gut instinct and moved in on the turn. He thought about it then called the 300 chip raise and showed...J6hearts with no pair and no draw. River was a jack and I went out.

I think I should have pushed the flop if I intended to push at all, but I had him on a steal; obviously I made an error in letting him get a free card which, if he'd had a queen, would have beat me. I got unlucky on the river. If I could replay the hand, I'd have moved in on the flop and not given him a situation where he only had to call 300 chips.