Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: TT capped behind

The UTG raiser has been raising all of her hands so hero's 3 bet could be an isolation play as far as BB knows. BB could easily loosen his capping standards in this situation. Still BB could easily have a big pair and perhaps less often a good draw but you don't know which and if you raise and get 3 bet you're in a tough spot. I wouldn't want to fold here so i wouldn't raise so that I could get to the SD at the discount.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:48 PM

I don't get what a raise on the turn will accomplish. You're not protecting against any draws, you're not going to get any hand that beats you (including JJ) to fold. If you want to keep the hand i would just call down, but in this situation I would fold most of the time. Like everyone has been saying, there's really not a single hand that an "ABC player" would cap out of the big blind that you are beating, especially at a table that you described as being tight.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:00 PM

if you raise the flop and he 3-bets, i would still raise the turn.

i think this is just basically a math problem, but i would raise the turn everytime

also it's how you raised the turn...

i hope you threw like 20 chips into thepot and then fished them back out one by one.

it's more intimidating