Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-15-2005, 01:01 PM

Default I still don\'t know about A2

Cut off, button, open raise or not. I was for awhile then I changed my mine. You pretty well have to spike an A and then you usually won't get paid and I am not one to call down with A high. So where is my advantage other then aggression and position or is that enough in itself.

SB A2-4 complete or not. Loose passive limpers I usually complete but again those are the guys that limp MP with A7.

150,000 hands of 6max and I still don't know. Other opinions?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: I still don\'t know about A2

I don't raise A2-A3 unless the blinds are overly tight. I don't often raise A4 (these are all offsuit).
In the sb i alternate between completing and not. I never do with A2 - and A3 i vaccilate back and forth. They can be trouble hands and if i am multitabling i never complete with them. I usually start with A5o and up.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise A2-A3 unless the blinds are overly tight. I don't often raise A4 (these are all offsuit).
In the sb i alternate between completing and not. I never do with A2 - and A3 i vaccilate back and forth. They can be trouble hands and if i am multitabling i never complete with them. I usually start with A5o and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ragged aces whouldn't be raised at all in the CO unless you gain some fold equity after the flop. You don't want him to call you down when he hits bottom pair and you only have Ace high. No flop is good for you except a wheel and Axx.

On another note, stealing with these hands can be done more freely, but be careful against guys that don't fold their BB.

In the SB you can try the following line: open complete,
flop comes xxx, you bet.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:54 PM

I need A7+ to open-raise in CO and A3+ on Button, unless the Blinds underdefend and/or don't like Showdowns (which is rare in my experience).

I almost never complete, in a multiway pot with A-rag offsuit. In a multiway pot, your implied odds are horrible and you have the worst position. I may 3-bet an open-raise from a maniac on the Button/CO though.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need A7+ to open-raise in CO and A3+ on Button

[/ QUOTE ]

This in particular seems absurd. If anything, CO/Button steal standards should be equal. Button will not interfere with your plans unless he has a legitimate hand, and as such your first-in raise with A2 will usually fold a hand like A6o from Button. Save the "A7o+" for MP2-3 when you think you can steal (this may even be too tight sometimes).

A2 is a cool stealing hand when the blinds won't erratically play back at you. Ideally you get players who will call mediocre hands like T8o from the blinds and fold when they miss. Even if called by stronger hands, A2o is a favorite to many hands and you have position - you can even showdown UI those times you suspect an opponent of playing back at you.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:38 PM

A3+, how is it you will open raise with A3 but not A2 on the button, think about it. What is the difference betweent he two hands? If you hit your lower card (2 or 3) you're in the same boat, either they have a pair as well and beat you do don't. You have no kicker in both situations. Seems pretty stupid to fold A2o on button but raise with A3o.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So where is my advantage other then aggression and position and usually the best hand or is that enough in itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats usually enough.

-Mike
Old 07-15-2005, 05:12 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This in particular was taken verbatim from Adbul's preflop chart

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-15-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This in particular is absurd

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2005, 05:40 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This in particular is absurd

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Anyway, I'm not saying I agree with it or that it's correct or whatever. It just happens to match Abdul's preflop chart exactly.