Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-09-2005, 01:47 AM

Default QQ overpair, 2 villains

Empire 200NL full ring. Player A (56/4/0.75) has $165. I have $200 Player B (19/4, I don't have too many hands on him) has us covered.

I get Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EMP.

Player B calls UTG. 1 fold, I raise to $10. 5 folds, Player A calls in BB, Player B calls.

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Player B bets $10. Hmm. I raise to $35. Both players call.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

All 3 of us check.

River is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Player A bets $40, I call.

Did I do well or should I have played this differently? Should I have bet the turn? Player B scared me kind of. All comments appreciated.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: QQ overpair, 2 villains

So Player B checked on the end?

But seriously, what do you beat on this board Best case scenario your opponents will have something like 1010 and JJ. Player A bets $40 into a $136 pot. This SCREAMS value bet. Seems like he was slow playing either 3 eights or 3 fives. I think you should be more worried about Player A than Player B, especially if he checked on the end. Player B probably has something like 99, 1010, or JJ. You also have a 4 card straight on the board. Someone could have got lucky with their pocket sixes or suited one-gapper.

I think I would call on the end just out of curiousity. By showing down the worst hand you let everyone know you pay off value bets AND you gain tactical information on how atleast one of these players play.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Results.

He tabled Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the straight and beat me.

Frustrating.
Ryan
Old 07-09-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Results.

That sucks now I cant read hands for crap but I figured A,6.People will play A anything
Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Results.

You got to pot the turn. 7 isn't a horrible card for you and it actually decreases the likelyhood of a set being against you from 9 combinations to 7 combinations. The only hand that it really makes that wasn't beating you already is 76. The lead bet screams I'm pricing in my draw. This board is hella draw heavy so big bets are in order. If you check the turn you got to fold on the end. You said you had an overpair and the guy is still firing. Conclusion he has you beat.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: QQ overpair, 2 villains

With that flop and pocket QQ, I wouldve had to figure I had the best hand right there. I think your reraise was good, and when he called it I wouldve smelled top pair or a 6. Most perple wouldve reraised you with a set or 2 pair. When the turn hit 7 and he checked, then I wouldve really thought he had the 6 and I wouldve bet a good amount, one big enough that makes him calling with the draw incorrect because of the pot odds. When the river hit the 4, that is a tough card. Not only is it the straight card he might have been waiting for but its also a diamond. I probably wouldve had to check it to him and see what he did fom there. I'd have to fold to any bet with the QQ, although it wouldnt be as easy as saying it.