Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Killing an hour....come sweat me.

I didn't know about JT setting this session up. I just saw that he was at a table and figured that I'd join him for a bit.

Sorry Joe if I screwed up your intent. And regarding hole cards, only after the hand is over.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm outta here boyz.

I'd be willing to do that once a week if you guys are willing to NOT join me at the table. I didn't like that one bit, not cool.

But, other than that, I think it could be constructive.

Peace,
JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,

I don't read this forum that much and missed this post. This is an awesome opportunity and I hope to catch the next time you do it. Thanks for doing this kind of thing. Whoever sat down at the table is incredibly lame.

Jason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimmy Cricket, i had no clue what was being discussed in chat or how JT wanted this group-sweat thing was supposed to work. Once I got into the chat & people said to leave the table, I left. No harm, no foul...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well folks, I enjoyed it too.

I wound up winning just shy of $500 in the 3/6 6 max game after 340 or so hands. Of course getting AA 4x in the session helped. Oh yeah, 2x I raised w/ AQ and flopped broadway in the course of 4 hands. Once I was up against AA that limped and the other against KT that flopped top and bottom pair. For me, the game was very loose/passive with much limping of trash. I was able to see quite a number of free flops from the BB, got full value from my good hands and was able to steal a few pots when no one had anything. Once even I got someone to laydown a better hand.

2nd guy in raises, next guy cold calls, I 3 bet w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] out of the BB.

Flop was 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet and was raised by the original PF raiser, cold caller cold called again.

Turn was 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I checked, bet, call, I checkraised, they both called.

River was K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, next guy FOLDED, other guy called and showed J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHIG

The guy that folded the river said he flopped a set. Wow! I could have never folded there.

For those of you who watched the early part of my 30/60 session and saw me get hammered might be glad to know that after being down nearly $1800 at one point, I made it all back and booked a $650 win for the session.

The guy in the 2 seat that played EVERY hand finally went broke, dropping $2,700 over 200 hands while I was in the game. After he went broke, the table broke and I called it a night. So as you saw, there are still some very bad players even at mid-limits that just have money to burn. The flip side of the coin is that the better players there are much better. Table selection is key. If I can't find a good table, I don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is [censored] brilliant. I'm assuming if it goes bet-raise rather than bet-call you're going to call with the intent of folding the river UI?

Rob
Old 07-29-2005, 01:20 AM

I was sweating him for about 30 minutes, until I realized I was supposed to leave for work 10 minutes earlier.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:35 AM

Default PS....

The date was GREAT. She's amazing, young, tall, beautiful and full of life.

Just what I'm looking for!

Next week boyz,
Joe tall
Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: PS....

Stick it in her pooper.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:53 AM

Thanks to Barry and JoeTall both. That was fun.

Nice to hear that you pulled back in the 30/60 Barry. I'm not surprised that Seat 2 eventually busted out. Even running hot it's tough to not lose quickly when you play every hand. I must ahve watched 4 or 5 orbits and the guy folded pre-flop once - had to be a misclick.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:42 AM

Cant belive I missed this. Hey Joe...is there a way to set up a regular time to do this each week?

If not, guess I will keep checking this forum from now on. Definitly a ton of intrest here.

--Dustin
Old 07-29-2005, 05:18 AM

Does anyone out here use TeamSpeak? I've used it for online games before and it works great for that. At least then you can hear the person on the other end and keeps your hands free. So long as you don't have 10 people all yelling at each other it works very well. Just another option for those interested.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is [censored] brilliant. I'm assuming if it goes bet-raise rather than bet-call you're going to call with the intent of folding the river UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't clear I just called the flop raise with the intent of c/r any turn. It just turned out that the turn card was perfect for me and when I c/r the turn I scared the bejeezus out of the guy.

If it had gone check, bet, raise, I was just calling the turn. On the river, there would have been 14 bets in the pot, so in the heat of battle, I just might have called.