Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: THE EASY WAY TO GET YOUR HOME GAME TOO ROCK!

[ QUOTE ]
Understand what you mean with inviting more people but I only have room for one table so is hard to juggle people. I ask the most commited people first and then I fall back on the others. The problem is though when you invite someone one week you can't not invite em the next week when they are hooked. A little rude and it feels like i'm using them to make up numbers so I try not to invite them and hope everyone comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shameless plug*

Use my site and and track who RSVP's on a first come, first serve basis. The people who RSVP first get their seats reserved, and when all seats are filled up the others are put on the waiting list. Here's how it looks for my next tourney so far:

http://www.homepokerclub.net/clubtou...tourneyid=1209

Unfortunately I never have people on my waiting list [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

steve
<font color="orange">North Shore Low Rollers</font>
Old 09-30-2005, 11:01 AM

The night after we finished building it I had moved it over to my house and my Pop wanted a picture to send to some of his buddies so we just threw some cards on the table and snapped a photo. It obviously wasn't a live game [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 12:22 PM

Sh*t happens, things come up. I don't get angry at folks for not showing up and neither should you. Just find some more players, poker players are not difficult to get a hold of.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Understand what you mean with inviting more people but I only have room for one table so is hard to juggle people. I ask the most commited people first and then I fall back on the others. The problem is though when you invite someone one week you can't not invite em the next week when they are hooked. A little rude and it feels like i'm using them to make up numbers so I try not to invite them and hope everyone comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shameless plug*

Use my site and and track who RSVP's on a first come, first serve basis. The people who RSVP first get their seats reserved, and when all seats are filled up the others are put on the waiting list.

[/ QUOTE ]

We use evite.com in a similar fasion. This way it's on the guests to be on the ball, not the host. No feelings are hurt and players can only be mad at themselves for not RSVP'ing in time. You can even tell others to just show and maybe the players will make room, maybe be on a waiting list. Also, having an Xbox or something is good for the 1 or 2 waiting so they don't get bored.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:24 PM

I also have an xbox and have offered to setup a cash game table...but people prefer to watch the tourney even when they're knocked out.

steve
<font color="orange">North Shore Low Rollers</font>