Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2003, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Some Final Thoughts/Reflections

Here's the trouble with checking the turn.The button who is on your left raised pre-flop.If one of the Mid.Pos.players raised [pre flop]you might give them credit for a big Ace,but since they didn't & the button did then I would think[and hope]that He held the big Ace.As I said in my earlyer re-ply,If you lead off with a bet and the M.P. have a shot at the flush,or straight and call your bet.Then lets say the button does have a big Ace he may reraise you make it 3bets,and mayby you get the M.P. calling 2more bets so you win the pot of the night.By checking the turn there are even worse things that could have happened.It could have gotten checked around missing a bet altogther giving a free card that may beat you.I believe on you original post you said that you hadn't played for awhile[this is O.K.]I replyed that you could play 4/5o against certin players,and conditions.By checking the flop it tells me that you should play your starting hands alittle closer to what the books tell you.GOOD LUCK! HFPWC!
Old 05-16-2003, 03:37 PM

Default Re: 45o in BB

use the check-raise to punish those limpers.

If TA is betting that flop, does he have overcards or a decent pocket pair? By mucking his cards when the ten hits he is saying that his pair is lower than aces (e.g. pocket 88, 99, or JJ) and he thinks you were chasing the flush.

Check-raise when the ace falls and check-raise when the final ten falls. Let them think the Ace makes your hand and the the suited T taints your hand, turning your two pair into nothing compared to the flush. Let someone semi-bluff you by representing the flush and utilize the check-raise.