Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2003, 08:35 PM

Default If I hit he don\'t {thought processes}

A loose 10/20 HE game last sat.at Harrahs E,Chicago.two E.P. limpers I also limp in with 6c/7c.A tight unimaginative player on my left raises [Nuts!]B.B.calls as do the two limpers&me.The flop comes:4c/5x/jx[not bad!]its checked to me[now I figger if I bet and the guy on my left has a large pair he's going to raise and knock players out..no good]I also check.He bets again 3 calls in front of me great pot odds I reraise,the he 3 bets it[poop he must have flopped 3 jacks!]2players call a double bet so I cap it[I figger if I hit then he don't]the turn comes 3c[perfect] I lead out with a bet he raises[he must have thought that I flopped a lower set]the other players folded I raise,and he caps it.the river comes the 8c I bet he calls.When I show him my winning hand he goes balestic and says he cant believe I capped the flop with only a draw and that Im the luckiest player he ever saw.Mayby this hand illistrates how one dimential some week tight players think.And I was a little lucky. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] HFPWC!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:24 PM

Default Re: If I hit he don\'t {thought processes}

Well played. Of course, you really did not want to make your flush on the river, did you?

I got chastised the other day for overplaying my nut straight draw, with overcards, with 5 players in the hand. Of course, I hit and won a nice pot. It was fruitless to talk about EV with this guy.

I instantly, wrote weak, tight in my notes on the guy.

This was
Old 04-23-2003, 04:30 PM

No espessly [I know my spelling stinks ]If one [or more ]of the limpers called the double bet on the turn.BUT as lucky as I am it would have been the 5c. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] HFPWC!
Old 04-23-2003, 04:36 PM

If you have a four inch tongue and the ability to breath through your ears you don't need to get lucky.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:58 PM

how one dimential some week tight players think

Good post, bad grammar. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 05:00 PM

hi herb
of course you know that you should have folded pre-flop; that's over with now, i suppose the river bet here is the issue, hmmm....i don't like it herb. you're opening yourself up to a raise and your opponent, if you suspect a set, will likely bet to fold you. also, your ev really drops off in these situations because your opponent will likely fold to the bet if he's a little weaker than you read him, and he will raise, perhaps as a bluff, but also when youre beaten. your giving him too much ammo to use against you here in a really hostile environment. better to check and call the river when factoring in his possible fold.

doing a little editing here herb. i'm thinking the fourth flush hit on the river, i now see it was the third and i'm thinking here.....i like check-calling anyway, although now not as much. i still think your better off not folding him and going for the snap if he bluffs. i don't like the possible raise. that unsuited jack is pretty scary.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:06 PM

HEE HEE I guess I need to get lucky. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] HFPWC!
Old 04-23-2003, 05:29 PM

When this type of player playes his hand this stong unless he's on tilt hes flopped a set.If thats the case I'm not worried about the possible flush[which I have along with my straight]..Now if one of the limpers would have called a double bet on the turn I MAY have checked the river.However heads up the biggest reason that I didn't like the 3rd club was it along with the straight possibilty would scare Mr. tight on my left.Ya I know 6/7s anint a good hand but if you've played against me you know that I jump into alot of pots[you gatta give action to get action]but Ive been on a lucky streak{{30 years}} [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] HFPWC!