Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Oldboy

What did you guys think about this movie?
I think it's one of the most twisted movies ever. I had to watch it again. Korean cinema is so F*cked up. I have to look for more.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Oldboy

It's goot.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 PM

very very good movie
Old 11-30-2005, 10:38 PM

Pretty good movie, good soundtrack. The hallway fight was great. Supposedly they are going to make an American version of it. Im looking forward to it.

If you are interested in some more korean movies, check out Tae Guk Gi, Memories of Murder, or My Sassy Girl.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im looking forward to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you be looking foward to a version of a great movie that HOLLYWOOD remakes? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im looking forward to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you be looking foward to a version of a great movie that HOLLYWOOD remakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn... good point. But you never know, they might be faithful to the movie like they did for Ring or Ju-On: The Grudge. Or then again, it could end up being like Ring 2... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 11:27 PM

SPOILER at the end of this post
I really hope the re-make gets cancelled. There is no way that it will be 1/10th as good as the original.

Do you really think that a studio is going to let them put incest in the film. I think it is just to far out there to appeal to a mainstream audience which Hollywood will attempt to do by watering it down.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:47 PM

I just watched it tonight and thought it was pretty lame. The cinematography was well done but otherwise really uninteresting.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched it tonight and thought it was pretty lame. The cinematography was well done but otherwise really uninteresting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're crazy to think this but I guess you are entitled to your opinion. The Hollywood version will not come close in its visceral, physical effect it will have on the audience. It is in interesing hands tho, Justin Lin, who directed and wrote Better Luck Tomorrow. But he has to make it watcheable to the American movie goer, which means it will be "dumbed" down, with more stylized fighting and less surrealism.

I will probably check out Chinwoo Park's other flicks which oldboy was part of a trilogy.

The hollywood remakes of asian cinema have been horrible. The ring was just horrible as well as The Grudge. They did not do justice to their japanese predecessors, and were just spoiled in between the scenes heightened to go "boo". Shall We dance must just an absolute travesty and I will not for dear life watch it the American version. The only successful remake of a foreign film I have seen was Nolan's Insomnia. So far tho for Asian cinema, there hasn't been one that's been up to par with the original.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:04 AM

great movie. The lead actor (forgot name) was phenomenal.
Also, as mentioned above, Tae Guk Ki was excellent.