Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Leaving for school...slight dilemma

Goin to prep. school to do a PG year and am leaving tomorrow...started a relationship at the beginning of the summer (around 5 mo.) and really like this girl.

Although its not like im going to college, and will be back on a lot on weekends , it will be by far the longest time spent apart so far in our relationship (we hung out basically every day this summer.) So, she is still in school (younger than me), and has class until 2.

This is where it gets complicated...I was planning on taking her out to Boston as a surprise, although I had told her i really wanted to hang out with her the night before i left. She works, and was scheduled to work tommorrow night 6-9, so she took it off a couple days ago, and then tells me today her friend asked her to fill in for her and "forgot" it was my last night and said sure. I am like WTF you 'forgot' and she just says yes like it is absolutely nothing. So...she said she would come over after school.

what is my move...Just bang her and send her home for 'forgetting' it was my last night, or be forgiving and go see her at work/say bye to her when she gets off of work?

better kipin?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Leaving for school...slight dilemma

Return.. button.. broken?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is my move...Just bang her and send her home for 'forgetting' it was my last night

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you said you really liked her?

so do you?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:34 AM

i threw that in there to satisfy the stereotypical OOT'er, otherwise i thought i'd probably just get flamed. I would never do that, and yes i do really like her.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:37 AM

Prep School? How old are you?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:39 AM

turned 18 in June. I did [censored] in high school...barely graduated...probably should of been on adderall i would of got straight A's. Anyway, it's better than going to community college, i have the money, and i am playing soccer and lacrosse, and might play in college.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:40 AM

long distance sucks.

my first gf went to ohio for college and i was stuck back home in hs, we ended up breaking up not too long after.

2nd gf, i went to college, she was in hs, although a year later she went to college 30 minutes from mine.

3rd gf moved to dc, now shes back in philly.

so i have tons of long distance experience and believe me, it sucks.

you're going to spend a [censored] load of time on the phone im sure.

tell you wanna stick it out if you like her. you will need time to yourself though to make friends, adjust to new surroundings etc. you may even find yourself wishing you didnt.

its a tough decision, and i dont know if the answer will be made clear in this discussion.

im a big proponent of making my own mistakes to learn from, but you really should do some soul searching.

but long distance can work out too, you said you'd see her on the weekends.

have you asked her how she felt about it? maybe she's wondering the same thing you are.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:41 AM

i was on adderall. it helped except it turns you into a zombie/robot.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:42 AM

Word to the wise: Do not slow down for this girl. If it was not a big enough deal for her to make sure she had work off, then you know where you stand. People's actions count astoundingly more than their words.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Word to the wise: Do not slow down for this girl. If it was not a big enough deal for her to make sure she had work off, then you know where you stand. People's actions count astoundingly more than their words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, however, this girl is VERY bad at communicating her feelings/talking in general. Today when she told me i got in sort of a weird mood and she asked me shortly after what was wrong, to which i explained that if it was her last day i would never "forget" and work the night before..and she basically had no idea what to say because in all honesty i believe she did forget, she just doesn't think/worry about [censored] at all and is extremely easy going, we talked already about how im leaving and her whole thing was just like "we will see what happens but i really like you and am going to give it my best effort to make things work" heh...really assuring comments..