Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 01:13 AM

Default turn push with pair and flush draw

$20 MTT on Stars... I've been playing fairly LAG so far and building a stack but just got to a new table so no reads

50/100 blinds. I post BB.
UTG+2 (2880) calls, all fold to SB (7290) who completes, I make it 500 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I have 4495 behind.
Limper folds, SB calls.

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB leads 400, I raise to 1600, SB calls. Pot 4300.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB leads 600, I raise all in to 2985.

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: turn push with pair and flush draw

Pre-flop: I hope you're raise was simply a steal attempt and not because you had A7. If so, fine. If not, not so fine.

Flop: Raise looks good. You have 9 good outs and another 5 outs against a pair. I wouldn't mind getting all my money in the pot (pushing, not calling). But pushing looks too much like a draw and you guys have fairly deep stacks. So I like the raise.

Turn: What's up with his small bets? Kind of looks weak. Kind of looks like he's baiting you. Maybe he's on a flush draw and doing some sort of blocking bet. But with one card to come you're no longer a coinflip against a bigger pair. I don't think he has a set so I think you've got 13 outs still. Pushing makes the pot T7885 and it costs him T2385 to call. He's getting over 3 to 1 odds and he has you covered by a couple of thousand so even if he loses he's in okay shape. I would take a cheap turn card and see if I can draw out on him. I think a push will get called and you're about a 2.5 to 1 dog.