Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 07:58 PM

Default KTs after one limper.

This table was loose (should be obvious I guess). I'm not sure that reads have a lot to do with the hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 23 BB
Old 12-21-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: KTs after one limper.

PREFLOP: Standard overlimp in this position, but when it gets raised and reraised behind you, you should fold IMO. You are getting 5-1 to call two more small bets which seems enticing but you are not closing the action so it can still be raised again, and given all the action the proability you are drawing very thin to 3 outs or less is very high. I know your hand is suited, but you will not make enough flushes/straights/2 pairs/trips to make up for the price you have to pay preflop, so once its 3 bet behind you I would fold.

FLOP: Good raise, since you have to call anways, raising is better since you may pressure the button off of a better hand like AK,KQ,KJ,AT, that may free up some outs for you.

TURN: Although your bet will never win you the pot on the turn, I still like your bet since it may induce the button or the BB to fold that AK,KQ,KJ,AT hand that gives you more outs on the river, the pot is big enough to bet the turn for this reason alone.

RIVER: Nice bet, dont give them a chance to check a lesser hand down.

I thought you played this hand very well postflop, but I wouldve folded preflop.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: KTs after one limper.

I'm raising here preflop against most loose limpers.

-ActionBob