Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: result

[ QUOTE ]
You're being results oriented. He usually will have AA here and sometimes a J in his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but it is worrysome to be in a situation where i would fold any hand that i could possibly have.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: KK facing resistance postflop

I don't like the call on the flop. I would much rather 3-bet in some fashion. Find out where you are at. And act accordingly on the ensuing turn and river depending on what your opponent does. I think you'd get a better idea what you opponent has if you 3-bet here.

Ed S.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: result

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're being results oriented. He usually will have AA here and sometimes a J in his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but it is worrysome to be in a situation where i would fold any hand that i could possibly have.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a valid point and I worry about this myself sometimes. However, in the long run, you will lose a lot of money if you refuse to fold an overpair when an opponent shows an uncharacteristically large amount of aggression.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:10 PM

Default 22/4.3/1.9 ???

I apologize for posting that question which has nothing to do with the subject, but what do these numbers mean : 22/4.3/1.9 ? and where do you find them ?
thank you
Old 11-13-2005, 01:06 AM

I don't really like the flop bet, it feels weak to me, which is probably why he raised. And then once you checked, it was like putting up a sign BET INTO ME, I'LL FOLD.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the flop bet, it feels weak to me, which is probably why he raised. And then once you checked, it was like putting up a sign BET INTO ME, I'LL FOLD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing. Lead out with a real bet.

You have to fold the turn.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:28 PM

i think AA is also a decent possibility in this hand trying to get the most money out of you thinking you would fold to a 3 bet preflop. But min-raise usually means your drawing to about 2 outs here so with not a massive pot and giving villans stats i think the turn fold is fine.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing. Lead out with a real bet.

You have to fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think this is a valid point. i made a relatively small sized bet to balance my continuation bets (with overcards). the opponent has a maximum of 3 outs if i am ahead, that means i don't have to bet more to cut his odds.

*edit* ooops. i ment 5 outs
Old 11-13-2005, 07:07 PM

Check/call, check/call.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think AA is also a decent possibility in this hand trying to get the most money out of you thinking you would fold to a 3 bet preflop. But min-raise usually means your drawing to about 2 outs here so with not a massive pot and giving villans stats i think the turn fold is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i make even a small reraise to let's say 70, i would habe a hard time to fold against a push.

i agree that AA is a possibility.