Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-18-2005, 01:57 AM

Default $55... Long Time No Post

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

Hero (t1000)
Button (t1000)
SB (t1000)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)
MP2 (t1000)
MP3 (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls t15, Button calls t15, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t60</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls t60.

Turn: (t195) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

UTG +1 checks, Hero?

Final Pot: t195

Couldda popped her pf, but I don't think it matters much either way. Flop bet seemed standard. Turn seemed a bit more interesting.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: $55... Long Time No Post

I would shutdown, I'm not looking to burn any more chips this early at all. No Reason to pop pf either in L1 imo
Old 10-18-2005, 02:09 AM

I'm guessing you don't have any reads at this point. On one hand, you don't want to burn too many chips this early. On the other, I doubt you're behind. I'd bet about half the pot and see what happens.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:25 AM

no need to bet into all the donks with this hand. Someone will call and you will have no way of knowing where you stand. A flush draw wil likelt have pair outs you can't see and you can't really bet this turn to "protect" your hand since some idiots will call down KJ and others will check raise you here with there sets.

Check and fold this hand on the flop.

And don't raise pf.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he has the best hand here more than often enough for your advice to be dead wrong. Maybe hero's line wasn't the best, but check-folding against one limper is a far worse play. Sure, weak kings could call you down, and you don't want to burn a ton of chips if that's the case, but you can't give up so easily.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no need to bet into all the donks with this hand. Someone will call and you will have no way of knowing where you stand. A flush draw wil likelt have pair outs you can't see and you can't really bet this turn to "protect" your hand since some idiots will call down KJ and others will check raise you here with there sets.

And don't raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he has the best hand here more than often enough for your advice to be dead wrong. Maybe hero's line wasn't the best, but check-folding against one limper is a far worse play. Sure, weak kings could call you down, and you don't want to burn a ton of chips if that's the case, but you can't give up so easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know 5 people saw this flop right?

You know were playing NLHE right?

You know you have 75bb stacks right?

You know you have to play more then one street right?

"What do I know, I'm just a doctor"
Old 10-18-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of which was our hero, three of the others checked the flop in front of hero. I don't see anything wrong with taking a shot at narrowing the field here. If one of the other four players gives him reason to fold, he's still got plenty of chips. If there had been a bet and a raise in front of hero, my advice would have been different.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of which was our hero, three of the others checked the flop in front of hero. I don't see anything wrong with taking a shot at narrowing the field here. If one of the other four players gives him reason to fold, he's still got plenty of chips. If there had been a bet and a raise in front of hero, my advice would have been different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, you may consider folding after a bet and a raise?!?! Damn thats tight. I really need to trying to teach people how to play poker after my bedtime.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anything wrong with taking a shot at narrowing the field here. If one of the other four players gives him reason to fold, he's still got plenty of chips. If there had been a bet and a raise in front of hero, my advice would have been different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think the fact that you're more often than not gonna be throwing chips away is good enough reason not to worry about narrowing the field? It's not like you're protecting a big hand. If someone gives you a call, that's good enough reason to assume you're beat. Whether it's a king or a draw or a total donk call, you have to give it up now anyways.... so what's the point in getting involved. Do you actually expect someone to pay you off with a pair of 7s to make up for the times that you're throwing chips away?