Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: I remember

The point is that there exist some jihadists and terrorists who would attack us regardless of the propsals Dead made in this thread. These jihadists hold a view of forcing the West to submit or conform to to Islam, and view terror attacks as a means to accomplish that end.

As for the firewall, I did not firewall anything out. That is the only website I have encountered in the last 6 months which my firewall automatically blocked and requested that I specifically allow its URL if I wished to view it. In other words, that website has some sort of suspect ActiveX or other suspect code, or is on a list of known URLs of suspect websites. This has nothing to do with my personal views but rather was an automatic response of the firewall. Maybe that site is known for DL'ing spyware, who knows. If you care to copy the article here I will be glad to read it.

Finally you have still not repudiated your lie that Taheri was thoroughly discredited in prior threads on 2+2.

I suggest you employ more honesty in your debates and discussions.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: My three step plan to stop terrorism against the U.S.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) Pull our troops out of every country in the world. Bring them all back home.

[/ QUOTE ]

And station them all on the US border. See 1 above.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP's ideas are interesting, but flawed as you pointed out. But I'm actually in favor of bringing as many of our troops home and puttting them on our borders as is necessary. I know you were being sarcastic, but I believe that would be a much better use of our troops.

-ptmusic
Old 07-09-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: My ONE step plan to stop terrorism against the U.S.

1.) Nuke the middle-east
Old 07-10-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: My ONE step plan to stop terrorism against the U.S.

1.) Nuke the middle-east

Good plan. The only people I'd feel sorry for are the Kurds. The rest are losers.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: I remember

I very much doubt that there would be any concerted attacks. It is possible that for a short time there will be residual criminals who will still try to carry out attacks. For the most part the anti American attacks will be reduced to rhetoric.

Lastly, if we have successfully got the Palestinian state off the ground and are actively providing assistance, then and only then, will there be a great impetus for the Arabs to police themselves when it comes to terrrorists. Presently every one there either supports or condones or simply turns a blind eye to the terrorists in their midst.

Active support of the Arab nations with real trading prospects will open the economy and the march for a real democracy and freedoms will be inevitable.

I am sorry to hear that Salon.com is not allowed by your firewall. My computer is pretty tightly controlled and I have no trouble getting through. There are frequently very good reading there with an occaisonal gem worth panning for.

I will accept your statement that Taheri was impugned in the previous threads. Of course the impugners judgement was clearly un-impugnable!

My statement however, was not a lie, as to my critical eye he was discredited. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]