Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:38 AM

Default 2 ace on flop hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

i think all the players in both hands were fishes or gamblers, vp over 30, pfa around 1. should i have bothered betting the A rag with so many in the pot? and should i have called the raise? i figured i had some outs that were worth a small bet. when i had TT if anyone had the ace i was dead, i didn't see any reason to call but that of table image which i doubt counts so much at 5/10. how would have played these 2 monsters? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: 2 ace on flop hands

any reads?

in hand 1 id probly call down

hand 2 is probly fine, but i think id call the flop and c/f the turn if i dont pick up a flush draw or something mostly for image reasons or if he might be raising for a free card like it appears he was in this hand

also consider cutting the action off at your fold, you will get better answers
Old 11-02-2005, 12:55 AM

In hand 1 I think a bets always good to see where your at. With a raise on this, board (no draws), I would be inclined to fold on the turn unimproved to someone with a pfaf of 1.

Hand two seems fine.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any reads?

in hand 1 id probly call down

hand 2 is probly fine, but i think id call the flop and c/f the turn if i dont pick up a flush draw or something mostly for image reasons or if he might be raising for a free card like it appears he was in this hand

also consider cutting the action off at your fold, you will get better answers

[/ QUOTE ]

no reads but they were pretty weak passive. i think he was drawing too now but a weak player raised and another cold called with an ace on flop, i figured they couldn't both be drawing and one of them had to have it.and even if i do pick up a flush draw,i wouldn't call with T high with 2 other players in the pot when at least one of them seems to be drawing.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:30 AM

Hand 1: You need to call this down. Bad fold. BTW I would usually try and check-raise the flop.

Hand 2: Your closing the action with a whole bunch of small bets in the pot. Peel one off. Decide from there.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: You need to call this down. Bad fold. BTW I would usually try and check-raise the flop.

Hand 2: Your closing the action with a whole bunch of small bets in the pot. Peel one off. Decide from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

call down with ace rag against a passive player raising and another one calling ? 2 more big bets? this is how i make money from them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] raiser had A9 the other A2 by the way [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 02:00 AM

What they ended up having after the hand has nothing to do with what you should do at the time. I dont see anything where you said they were super passive.

"this is how i make money from them"

I really doubt your making much money
Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 AM

I like your line on both hands..I think calling down in hand #1 is a big mistake
Old 11-02-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What they ended up having after the hand has nothing to do with what you should do at the time. I dont see anything where you said they were super passive.

"this is how i make money from them"

I really doubt your making much money

[/ QUOTE ]

i said "all the players in both hands were fishes or gamblers, vp over 30, pfa around 1" and "they were pretty weak passive". if you like calling 2 more big bets against 2 passive players with top pair kicker 5 i wish you good luck in making money in limit holdem at 5/10 on party. maybe it works in your 100/200 game where the check call is a good way to get the lag's money but i wouldn't know about this since 5/10 is the highest i've ever played. though i don't think it's too bad considering i had a 200$ bank and playing 0.5/1 2-3 months ago [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]