Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Getting gunshy

Try to put my opponents on hands, then tell me how'd you play it differently if at all.
Reads:
UTG is 65/20/1.3
Button is 62/5/0.8, but has a 2.5 AF on the river.
SB 62/5/0.8 as well.
Wow, reading that in writing makes me realize just how great the table was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], I wish I never left now. Less than 100 hands on everyone. I've been playing at around 21/13/2.1 throughout this session, but I doubt that anyone on the table is thinking of my style.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="red">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="red">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB
Old 09-18-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Getting gunshy

I give no one credit for a better hand here. Your flop play is good. On the turn, I think you got really lucky UTG raised for you, but you should cap the betting. When SB checks the river, I bet and call a raise.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:02 PM

Did I read the hand correctly in that you didn't raise on any of the big streets in a big pot against multiple opponents with the 2nd nut flush? Sorry, but I hate your line.

UTG most likely has an overpair. SB's range is huge but it looks like 2 pair or top pair. It could also be a mid overpair. Button has a pair. Judging by the river it looks like a 6. Smooth calling SB's turn bet could be ok if you think a raise will knock out those behind you. However, when UTG does you a favor and raises not capping when it is back to you is horrible. You missed out on at least 3BB there. Then, you once again call on the river. UTG isn't folding his overpair for 2 more bets. Seriously, raise somewhere.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:11 PM

preflop/flop are good.

Turn is a must raise/cap.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:27 PM

Against this field you really need to raise the turn. UTG and button are very loose, they will call 2 cold on the turn with a wide range of hands. You are losing a ton of value by going for overcalls here.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:29 PM

I really like your initial turn call, but think you need to cap once everyone indicates that they're seeing the river.