Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 02:04 AM

Default pokeredge question

I just got the free trial version and I am wondering what all the symbols mean ie phone,rabbit etc.My own symbol looks like some sort of bomb-is that good or bad?I can't seem to find this out anywhere on the website.
Thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: pokeredge question

Same here, except I get a shark. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The key on the website appears to be outdated. I wish they would just write aggressive or whatever the bomb means and so on. I'm new to poker stats so I'm still getting used to interpreting the numbers in combination with what I see. Not sure if I will subscribe.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:38 PM

Just go into the config and tell it to use bisonbison as the rating system instead of the PE default.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just go into the config and tell it to use bisonbison as the rating system instead of the PE default.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is wise. In fact, I have written here elsewhere about my experience with PE and one of the biggest irritations is their failure to use terms which are the same throughout "Pokerdom" - the ones used by Poker Tracker. Unless PT has those terms trademarked, there is no real logic to creating a whole new subset of terminology that will both confuse users and create a barrier to adopting the product. This is a very bad mistake made by well meaning developers who want to have a "unique" product. In fact, when it comes to business (and poker is a business to anyone who buys/uses this kind of product), the path of least resistance is always best. Once again, I urge you guys at PE to formally adopt the terminology EVERYONE else uses and eliminate the "new and improved" terms you are using.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:48 PM

Hello,
The v4.0 tutorial is here:
http://www.poker-edge.com/html/Tutor..._tutorial.html

Basically, those icons (bomb, shark, etc..) are fully customizable. Thus, they don't have a set meaning, but rather they are defined based on the rules you have set. A "Configuration" is what maps rules to icons. If you are using our default configurations, you can see what the rules are by going into the "Configuration Manager" from the File Menu of the main application window. You can also edit the Default configurations, or add new ones through the Configuration Manager. To select a Configuration to be used, use the Options Menu->Configurations in the Auto Table Lookup window.

Hope this helps.