Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Years removed from dating - need advice

I have been divorced almost 2 years now. I have dated several women over those 2 year and have no problem hooking up.

Thusday night I hook up with a couple friends at a local watering hole. Not a pickup kinda bar, local place with lots of regulars. Perfect for a 40 something guy just wanting to hang out.

About 9:00 I notice a very attractive woman walk in the door. Turns out she is an ex of one of my buddies friends so he calls her over and she joins us.

Conversation is going well mild flirting all around. My buddy who knows her has to leave as its now around 11:00 and he is married and needs to get up for work the
next morning. The other friend I was with goes to talk to some people he knows and there I am alone at the bar with this attractive woman who also seems to have it more together than any other woman I have met.

She leans closer to me and comments how sexy she thinks my chin is. I have a Kirk Douglas chin with a dimple in it or as my boy's say....a "butt chin".

Things get touchy/feely,nothing overtly sexual but the kind of casual touching that lets the other person know you are interested. Conversation is going well, a lot of questionsback and forth of likes/dislikes. At one point she leans over to me lips puckered and we exchange a small peck.

As its getting late we decide to call it a night. I tell her I had a great time and she enjoyed her company, she replies in kind. I tell her I would like to see her again and ask for her number. She insists on getting mine instead. I walk her to her car and there is mild making out. We part and I tell her to call me.

I don't know why but I was hoping to get a call yesterday which didn't come. I know her first and last name and her number is in the book.

What's the best play here?
Wait a day or two and call her if she doesn't?
I mean I have nothing to lose there. If thats the play whats the way to handle that?

OR

If she doesn't call just let it go and move on?

I'm not a total donk when it comes to women just thought some of the playas out there with a bit more experience could offer up some good advice.

HOLLA!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Years removed from dating - need advice

"If she doesn't call just let it go and move on?"

Haha, she's probably got some issues with your friend still even though he's married and was just making him jealous.

Don't look up her number and call her, that's a stalker move. If she didn't give you her number there's a reason for that. It's her move now.

-Michael
Old 07-23-2005, 01:09 PM

here is how a pimp like kane handles it.

when she says your chin is cute, you make your [censored] move right there. make your move, if she goes for it, then you are in. if she doesnt than you walk away and find a new bird.

so, when she says your chin is cute, you could respond:

I have a big dick, lets go back to my place.

Thanks. Im almost drunk. Lets go [censored].

If you think my chin is cute, you should see (and lick) my nut sack.

seriously, you are old and in a bar. if this hag is gonna give you some sugar she already has decided and is just waiting for you to make a move.

ps: guys over 40 arent allowed to say HOLLA! or playa.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been divorced almost 2 years now. I have dated several women over those 2 year and have no problem hooking up.

Thusday night I hook up with a couple friends at a local watering hole. Not a pickup kinda bar, local place with lots of regulars. Perfect for a 40 something guy just wanting to hang out.

About 9:00 I notice a very attractive woman walk in the door. Turns out she is an ex of one of my buddies friends so he calls her over and she joins us.

Conversation is going well mild flirting all around. My buddy who knows her has to leave as its now around 11:00 and he is married and needs to get up for work the
next morning. The other friend I was with goes to talk to some people he knows and there I am alone at the bar with this attractive woman who also seems to have it more together than any other woman I have met.

She leans closer to me and comments how sexy she thinks my chin is. I have a Kirk Douglas chin with a dimple in it or as my boy's say....a "butt chin".

Things get touchy/feely,nothing overtly sexual but the kind of casual touching that lets the other person know you are interested. Conversation is going well, a lot of questionsback and forth of likes/dislikes. At one point she leans over to me lips puckered and we exchange a small peck.

As its getting late we decide to call it a night. I tell her I had a great time and she enjoyed her company, she replies in kind. I tell her I would like to see her again and ask for her number. She insists on getting mine instead. I walk her to her car and there is mild making out. We part and I tell her to call me.

I don't know why but I was hoping to get a call yesterday which didn't come. I know her first and last name and her number is in the book.

What's the best play here?
Wait a day or two and call her if she doesn't?
I mean I have nothing to lose there. If thats the play whats the way to handle that?

OR

If she doesn't call just let it go and move on?

I'm not a total donk when it comes to women just thought some of the playas out there with a bit more experience could offer up some good advice.

HOLLA!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2005, 01:11 PM

Wait for her to call you. You asked for her #, she didn't give it to you, she wanted yours instead. She probably wants to make sure you're cool w/a woman who isn't wed to the traditional, passive role a woman takes in dating.

And remove "playa" and "HOLLA" from your vocabulary before she calls.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:12 PM

Michael could be dead on. Women are manipulative. Another answer in this scneario is she was just drunk. Let it play out, don't call her as she was the aggressor.

However, in my experience when a girl gets my number and I never even ask for hers she's wanting the cock.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And remove "playa" and "HOLLA" from your vocabulary before she calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

DONE!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here is how a pimp like kane handles it.

If you think my chin is cute, you should see (and lick) my nut sack.

[/ QUOTE ]

NICE [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 01:24 PM

Bad move giving her your number. Should have gotten hers instead or at least gotten some assurance that she will call you. Now it's just a waiting game.

Sounds like she needs to be in control.

If she does call just erase the message.

You should sit around and drink tonight, thinking about what she's doing.

After a few hours, you stumble to the phone book and look up her #. You write it down (probably wrong) and sit in the recliner with a beer in one hand and the phone in the other.

You call her, she answers, you tell her you want to SIIHP.

You know the rest.