Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 02:44 AM

Default TT on the button

50/100 online

utg+1 limps, he's aggressive and mediocre, 2 folds and a 20/13 decent player over limps, the hijack (32/15 tricky lag) limps, co folds, I raise T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button, sb folds, bb calls (16/10, but only 90 hands, don't really know if he's good or not but he probably is at least decent), all call.

Flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bb bets utg+1 folds, mp calls, hijack raises, I 3 bet, bb calls, mp folds, hijack caps, we both call.

turn [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bb checks, hijack bets, I raise, bb calls, hijack calls.

river
[8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

they both check. You're move?

comments on flop/turn?
Old 02-16-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: TT on the button

given the description of the hijack, i think its great to not slow down at all here...river is a qeustion for me though....does one of them have an 8?? Ah7h seems the most likely hand to pump a draw and still call...99 also, but i think youwould have heard from 99 prelfop...

its close either way...you probably SHOULD bet and expect to be called more than 55% of the time and win, but given the players left in the hand i think i check here to see what they have since that info is rather important to me at this point...i hate doing that though solely for info because if the bets can be collected then they damn well should be...

so can you fold to a raise on this river?? if totally unknown then i think i like a check here...if you know you can fold, bet it...

-Barron
Old 02-16-2005, 02:59 AM

you sound like me with the whole bet/fold to a raise line. the problem is that the pot is too big to fold to a raise against a tricky lag. with the top card on the board pairing i really dont think that you have a value bet here. you really have to hope that each player has a 7, or a busted draw that has enough to call.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:04 AM

I am not sure I think you should check the river, i think that there is a good chance you are now beat, hmm i guess the BB could have A8, but i think a flush draw is more likely, maybe 99. He is the problem unless the HJ is a total crazy lag he or the BB either had or have you beat. You are only ahead of 99 and Ah7h or manybe a flush draw and 55. I hate not getting value here but i think i check is in order.
Finally i think you would have said but is he a bet out guy or a cr guy. There are a fair number of players that will always CR and a fair number who bet out if they have it when the scare card comes, cause they are worried you won't bet, my guess is he is a CR guy. Whcihc is an0outher reson to check getting cr-ed by a trciky player would suck.
Dave
Old 02-16-2005, 03:05 AM

exactly.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Finally i think you would have said but is he a bet out guy or a cr guy. There are a fair number of players that will always CR and a fair number who bet out if they have it when the scare card comes, cause they are worried you won't bet, my guess is he is a CR guy. Whcihc is an0outher reson to check getting cr-ed by a trciky player would suck.
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

He is most definately a c/r guy. Most tricky lags are and he is one of them.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:14 AM

what i figured, also with position you give any thought to jsut calling the turn?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what i figured, also with position you give any thought to jsut calling the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought, sure...

My feelings were that it was still likely i had the lead and i wanted to protect my hand/get the money in there.

It's definately debateable though.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:20 AM

it would just made all the bad cards easier to pplay, he still has the lead nad you can jsut bet whenever checked to. I would also be worried about the BB would he play JJ this way?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:38 AM

don't you think this is one of the times that an 8 would bet just bet out, scared that you yourself might not bet?

either way i'm betting out and calling a raise from the tricky, i don't play this high so don't think too much into my comments