Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Best Stars VIP value = Porsche!

I never saw that.

It's always been TBA from what I saw....and I think I saw it just a few hours after they put it up there.

750k FPP's would be consistent with 1.6 cents per FPP though (for a $12k package).
Old 12-28-2005, 04:07 PM

I think I actually saw somewhere on the site that speculated at a 750k price, but it was always been conspicuously absent..

wouldn't surprise me if they did some sort of extra promo. they would love to four-peat I would think.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The prices of the packages for WSOP ME and PCA are listed as TBA - I could have sworn it said last week that WSOP ME was 750k FPP's. Did I dream that up or did anyone else see that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of points for the WSOP is still up in the air. Stars is still waiting for the official buy-in amount to be confirmed, and still need to determine if they are going to include hotel/spending money in the package or not.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they would love to four-peat I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Hachem did not qualify for the event via Stars.

He has an account on Stars and occasionally plays there (pretty sure) but he just signed-on with stars after his win...but it's not really a 3-peat for Stars because Hachem was not one of their 1100 WSOP qualifiers.

Better directed for the WPT forum I guess: but I'm kind of surprised David Williams (2004 runner-up who qualified for the event via Stars) didn't sign-on to represent stars.
He is always wearing shwag for bodog.
I guess they must have made him a nicer offer.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they would love to four-peat I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Hachem did not qualify for the event via Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the correction. their marketing is doing a good job cause they fooled me..

in any case, my point is that they are the Home of the WSOP Champions (TM) and would love to have the next one on board too..
Old 12-28-2005, 04:42 PM

Somebody posted in the WPT forum (I think) that they were watching the final-table standing next to a Stars rep and asked him, "He didn't qualify on your site too, did he?"
and the Stars rep supposedly kind of hung his head and said, "No...I sure wish he had though."

Stars had 1 out of every 5 WSOP main-event players qualify through them so they certainly had reason to be excited about their chances of a 3-peat.

Obviously after Hachem won it Stars must have decided, "well...he at least has an account on our site. We're going to go after him and pay him whatever the hell he wants to be with us. We HAVE to get him in those photos with Moneymaker and Raymer."

I don't blame you for seeing the TV ads and assuming that he qualified just like those guys did though.

Party had 2 guys at the final table (Kanter and Black) and I think Stars only had 1 or 0.
In 2004, Stars had 5 guys at the final-table I believe (including Raymer and Williams as well as Matt Dean..and I forget the other 2).
Old 12-28-2005, 06:50 PM

Party had 2 guys at the final table (Kanter and Black) and >I think Stars only had 1 or 0.

Stars had 2 (not counting Matusov)

>In 2004, Stars had 5 guys at the final-table I believe (including Raymer and Williams as well as Matt Dean..and I forget the other 2).

Stars had 4.