Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 12-30-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Finding that multitabling has improved my decisions and reduced tilt

I finally got the hang of multitabling and am doing 4 SNGs or NL cash games at once now. I find that my decisions have become better and I am not tilting as much. I guess if I lose a pot or make a big fold im not mad because I have another hand going on at another table in a few seconds. Anyone else experience this? I feel like I am playing better hands as well and passing on marginal ones that I would have normally tried to splash around with if I was playing one table.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Finding that multitabling has improved my decisions and reduced ti

I'm definately in the same boat. I find it makes me better at going with my gut read/reaction, which is right more often that it is wrong. I don't have the time to talk myself out of making big scary calls, and I can bluff more fearlessly when appropriate because I have other decisions to tend to.

I can't say with 100% certainty that per table I'm more profitable multitabling, but I am better at making big calls, more comfortable bluffing, and experience little to no tilt.

I can still make read dependent moves on people while multitabling, but would be making more moves, and have a decent read on each player at the table if only single tabling.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:30 PM

I've found that multi-tabling keeps me from trying to force hands to happen. I tend to get bored at a single table (unless it's live play) and then try to make things happen instead of waiting for the right cards and position.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:42 AM

Yea that is true but imaging yourself getting sucked out at all your tables at once. Now that's terrible
Old 12-31-2005, 04:21 AM

actually, it's more funny than anything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]