Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 10:18 PM

Default 3-6-12 Trip Report Lake Charles - Isle of Capri - 4th of July

Went to the Isle Saturday in Lake Charles for some of the 3-6-12 games I had asked about here awhile back. Defintely No Fold'em Hold'em.
Played for 12 hours. Up & down and ended up -$50.
The games were just like yawl said,i.e., Bingo, any 2 will do, and chasers from Hell, Texas and Louisiana. Six or seven seeing the flop and running down good starting hands was common.
Had fun, but I see what some of yawl meant about swings. I saw some big wins rack up on absolutely trash cards being played till the river.
Does anyone beat this game regularly??
Thanks, Gamboolman.........
Old 07-05-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: 3-6-12 Trip Report Lake Charles - Isle of Capri - 4th of July

I was in that game from Saturday afternoon to about 7 AM. Won about $300, my friend did about the same. You weren't playing at table 2 with me and Eddie, the 70 yr old man constantly falling asleep were you? My friend was a blonde hair guy w/ red sox hat at the table closest to the sandwiches..

Anyways, in that game with so many people seeing the flop and not raising , calling with losers, and there being a double size river bet... I will play K2(s) and alot more mediocre suited connectors than normal. My table was also very passive preflop, so 22 UTG was a call all day for me.

Other advice is to get the hot dogs at the bar. They remind me of the old "Dome Dogs" at the Astrodome. Don't order a Miller Lite though, as it tastes even more like piss than Miller Lite is allowed to. As Bud Light and Miller Lite are your only choices, I decided to switch it up but couldn't even finish the beer it was so damn skunky.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:49 AM

I can assure you that the game is quite beatable over the long run but of course the long run can be very long.

Jim Brier has some discussion on the Louisiana big river games in "Middle Limit Hold'em" and has stated the he beat it over a substantial period of time.

The rake is your enemy in Louisiana, not the suckouts.

BTW, the players are no different than in any other low limit B&M games. For example, the Mirage 3/6.

Lost Wages
Old 07-06-2004, 12:45 PM

Also, another reason to play those pocket pairs is that the bad beat jackpot was about $45,000 if I remember correctly.