Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Fold or push this ?? $50NL

Ok, everyone at this table is playing pretty solid, especially CO. ( i now i shouldn't be at this table if everyone is playing solid, but there were some fish, hence why everyone is big stacked)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($72.75)
UTG ($64.55)
MP ($109.25)
CO ($85.98)
Hero ($95.29)
SB ($48)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $6.9</font>, Hero calls $6.90.

Turn: ($21.05) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $50</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $71.05

Comments ? bad fold on my part ? I thought about pushing this for a long time, then folded...
Old 11-30-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Fold or push this ?? $50NL

If you just call this flop, your plan is to get a lot of money in on a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn. So as it played, push.

if he flopped a flush, good for him.. and you have some outs
Old 11-30-2005, 04:05 PM

Perhaps it was a bad call on the flop? If you raised there (by, say, $12), you'll feel for the flush without committing too much to the pot.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:09 PM

i would raise the flop bet and push on a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn.

as played i'd want all my money in the middle.

like state above, if he flopped the flush, nh and move on.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:12 PM

Yes you should have raised the flop in order to see what his holdings are and how strong he is. Put im going over this turn bet. One becuase he is either doing this to protect his hand, two he is trying to horribly semi bluff with Ah or 3 he flopped the flush and played it bad. But your still 25% to make your boat on the river if he did happen to flop the boat.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:14 PM

u must make it atleast 20 on the flop, then u can contenplate folding...
Old 11-30-2005, 04:23 PM

ok. it seems the concensus is raising on the flop, and then folding if he pushes...

I wanted to get some discussion going before I said what his hand was. He actually showed it when I folded. He showed 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Now that threw me too, cause he has been playing so solid, and now he showed that he called a $3 pfr with 26h ??
Old 11-30-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok. it seems the concensus is raising on the flop, and then folding if he pushes...

I wanted to get some discussion going before I said what his hand was. He actually showed it when I folded. He showed 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Now that threw me too, cause he has been playing so solid, and now he showed that he called a $3 pfr with 26h ??

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP too, weird.