Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: PP 10/20 AQ TPTK v. Button 3 bet

[ QUOTE ]
I think hes peeling with AK folding the river UI, which I want him to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that why do you bet the river? Wouldn't it be better to check the river and try to induce a bluff?
Old 09-20-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think hes peeling with AK folding the river UI, which I want him to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that why do you bet the river? Wouldn't it be better to check the river and try to induce a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 things here. 1. Im not saying he is on AK, just that that is in his range. My bet is hopefully a calue bet against a pocket pair less than QQ. 2. I want him to peel with AK, not necesarily fold the river, althogh I would expect him to.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:57 PM

you cannot "peel" the river. it's impossible: there are no more cards to come.

and your turn c/r stinks for precisely the reasons you want to use it.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you cannot "peel" the river. it's impossible: there are no more cards to come.

and your turn c/r stinks for precisely the reasons you want to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

THanks for pointing out that you cannot peel on the river. I'm not sure where you got the impresssion that I thought you could.

My "peeling" was refering to the moment after I CR the turn, and hes looking at one bet, while still on the turn. I would love him to do this with AK, as he is drawing to 3 outs w/o the odds.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:15 PM

what makes you think that he will?

read the rest of the thread. c/call the turn, bet the river. end of story. next.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what makes you think that he will?

[/ QUOTE ]

He believes he has 6 outs, making the peel correct.

[/ QUOTE ] read the rest of the thread. c/call the turn, bet the river. end of story. next.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the rest of the thread where people made good points and stop replying to your arguements taht are wrong?
Old 09-20-2005, 04:46 PM

i love that you read through the thread, selectively ignored where I countered one person's reluctant agreement based on a a second argument YOU made, to solidify the position you took when you played the hand.

why did you post? to hear people tell you that you were right? to instruct us with your play? what? if it was something other than to ask questions about the way you played this hand, please, enlighten us.

if it's not, please consider that you might not have played this hand optimally, and reread my counterarguments to you and that one guy that agreed with you. because i'm right, and i'm trying to help you. not humiliate you, or get into a pissing contest with you.

and since no one has responded to any of my eminently valid points with anything resembling any sort of argument... i fail to see why you have ignored them so utterly.

it speaks very poorly of you and your future at 5/10, and i do not say that with relish.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:58 PM

I think your range for your villain is too big.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:08 PM

A possible freecard on the flop isn't so bad because you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], not that you get many freecards here when you're ahead anyway.

The turn c/r is interesting. Really depends on how villian sees you. He may be putting you on a AQ/KQ and pairs. He may have enough doubt now to call down or call here and raise the river. There's no way he can put you on a 5 or 3 here.

I would think any hand that beats you would raise this river. If you are stuck on the table and villian's been around to see it the turn c/r may look like a move with a pair lower than a Q. If so, it's a nice line.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:13 PM

Meh.

First off, this is clearly a WA/WB situation. One of you has 3 or less outs to catch the other. So it's completely fine to take the check/call check/call bet/(call) line.

On the other hand, I think the way you played it is fine for mixing up your play, assuming that you know villian will often call you down with way-behind hands. There are way more { AK, KQ, JJ-77 } hands than { AA, KK, QQ }.

My only concern is that a player with the stats you give is probably decent postflop. I'd expect him to fold the underpairs and AK almost all the time. The line you're taking shows a lot of strength against a PF 3-bettor and he's got to know you have KQ or better pretty much all the time. A more donkish player is going to think you're bluffing with the paired board, but this guy will likely read you for the goods.