Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 09:45 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: For The Record...

[ QUOTE ]
over the weekend, something occured to me that i hope everyone involved in this post will read.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think this is the first time anyone on here has approached this debate?

I actually wrote a more detailed response to this but decided to erase it. Why bother?

Fact is, you're still too hung up on just winning the pot and making your AA hold up instead of gaining max value on it.

I'm sure many in the micro and small stakes forum would be more than happy to continue the debate. Some may even agree with you there. This concept really gets hashed out in those forums. For now, I'm not wasting any more time on it here.

b
Old 09-18-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure many in the micro and small stakes forum would be more than happy to continue the debate. Some may even agree with you there. This concept really gets hashed out in those forums. For now, I'm not wasting any more time on it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Bernie........You're not giving them enough credit. The bulk of them know what winning in loose games is all about.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're correct...i do not like variance, who does?

over the weekend, something occured to me that i hope everyone involved in this post will read.

lets say you do have 8-way action and you're in the blind with AA and you raise.

i can think of one tremendous reason you dont want eight way action.

most players will be playing their draws correctly against you, and assuming you're in a 15-30 game, that would mean a preflop total of $240. in other words, if you flop a gutshot straight draw, you will be getting 16-1 on your money.

so, essentially, you dont want eight way action with AA in this situation because the other players who make any sort of a hand on the flop will be playing correctly against you on the flop, and usually on the turn. even bottom pair would be making a correct call on the flop. i'm sorry i didnt put this into words earlier, but it was the essence of the point i was trying to make.

personally, i prefer when players play incorrectly against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

step 1: go to calculous or probability book.

step 2: go to index. look up "expectation."

step 3: pull head out of ass

step 4: realize that you want everyone at your table, everyone at the next tables, the waitress and the floorperson in the hand whne you have AA

step 5: if necessary, read Theory of Poker and realize that 2 people can play correctly in a hand after the flop.

step 6: stop being retarded.

Barron
Old 09-18-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lets say you do have 8-way action and you're in the blind with AA and you raise.

most players will be playing their draws correctly against you, and assuming you're in a 15-30 game, that would mean a preflop total of $240. in other words, if you flop a gutshot straight draw, you will be getting 16-1 on your money.

so, essentially, you dont want eight way action with AA in this situation because the other players who make any sort of a hand on the flop will be playing correctly against you on the flop, and usually on the turn. even bottom pair would be making a correct call on the flop. i'm sorry i didnt put this into words earlier, but it was the essence of the point i was trying to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

step 4: realize that you want everyone at your table, everyone at the next tables, the waitress and the floorperson in the hand whne you have AA

step 5: if necessary, read Theory of Poker and realize that 2 people can play correctly in a hand after the flop.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hes gonna have a major problem with step 3.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hes gonna have a major problem with step 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think there's a step he WONT have a problem with. but i laid it out as simply as possible anyways

Barron
Old 09-19-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
step 1: Quit poker and life.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most players will be playing their draws correctly against you, and assuming you're in a 15-30 game, that would mean a preflop total of $240.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$210 of that $240 is incorrectly played - is that not enough for you?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:20 PM

Ummm... actually it isn't. 210 of it isnt played incorrectly. Most hands aren't 8-1 underdogs to AA.....
Old 09-19-2005, 04:45 PM

pedant [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]