Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: The Self Righteous Arrogant and MY POKER PROGRESSION

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you're right. I really envy KQ and JTs position in this hand. Genius post with tons of insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a handful of players regularly post here and I don't think its because only handful of players have anything decent to add to the discussion. So instead of taking a "you're wrong and you're an idiot for even posting this trash" approach, how about a "you're wrong and here's why" approach instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, I'd agree with you. That people shouldn't be flamed for just being wrong. But he's not just wrong. He started a very reactionary thread, brags about beating a very tough game so easily, and then displays such grossness as not knowing aces want as many calls as possible. Someone even tried explaining it to him, and instead he posts the AA vs. KQ and JTs etc. in his defense... so he gets flamed.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 PM

1. you suck
2. you're gonna lose
3. what's your party screen name?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But one point still stands....If you put AA against seven other hands and see them all to the river....you're toast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If 'by toast' you mean in the sense of 'having a lot of money', then yes, you are correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does this idea come from. I mean I don't play high enough to educate you guys but if I'm dealt AA. I don't care if 22 players call me down, I'm a favorite, I have an edge, Poker is about edges.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 11:01 PM

Interesting post.

I think we could treat each other with a lil more respect... except um people here who have 2k posts, have obviously forgotten how that goes.

Most quality forums give out warnings for 1 liners, but that's not the case here. In fact, fellow posters with 2k posts under their belts, LOVE it when someone they know posts a wise-crack comment.

It's a shame people think post count is a determining factor in how good someone is. Totally retarded mentality. Very close minded and just nazi.

If you aren't one of us (averaging a dozen posts a day), you must suck. I bet if one of the pros came here posting under an unknown nickname, they'd be mostly ignored and bashed, and then it's like Ohhhh!!! you're person X! Yes yes what you said is so right!

People here are insecure about opinions other than theirs, and I am guilty of that myself, but what can you expect of a poker community where the average age is 22 or so. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a shame people think post count is a determining factor in how good someone is. Totally retarded mentality. Very close minded and just nazi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is all about the long run, and a useful, although by no means perfect, indicator of whether someone knows what their talking about is longevity. Those who've been posting on these forums a long time have also been playing a long time, and their advice is truly more valuable than someone who has only been playing a year. Some people have the humility to recognise that. Then again I've not been posting here long, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:36 PM

I WAS NOT BRAGGING ABOUT BEATING THE 30-60.

I was saying it better suited my game than 15-30.

I APOLOGIZE TO THOSE OF YOU I OFFENDED.

I didnt mean to come off as arrogant or superior, and i'm sorry it was taken that way.

I just wanted some feedback.

My point earlier was that a significant preflop favorite gets narrower with more hands going against it and those hands seeing the river.

I'm not a total moron, give me AA every time, i'll play it.

Again, sorry for the commotion.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:11 AM

i'm trying to help you, and i get it that you're kinda trying but you're still wrong.

your edge gets bigger.

Why? cause you're edge isn't determined by the percentage of pots you win but the amount of money
Old 09-15-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can nazi really be used as an adjective? I think I like that. I'm going to start using it. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a shame people think post count is a determining factor in how good someone is. Totally retarded mentality. Very close minded and just nazi

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, its sick that youd use an analogy like that for something as stupid as a forum argument.

so in all honestly. f*&k you.

Barron
Old 09-15-2005, 12:51 AM

thank you for saying that, i was going to get to it.