Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Am I getting too cocky?

(By thinking i can limp J9s here?)

Party 100/200 - full table. I'm up a few bucks but only been playing maybe a half hour.

Chiplederer (25/12/1.76) limps utg, I limp 2 spots later with J9 of spades, folded to Durress (tag) who completes, Fucngr8t (29/17/1.41) checks his option in the bb. I've played quite a few hands with Fucng8t but they've all been raised pots. I've been making some very good plays vs him and have been keeping him off balance by checking a lot of flops after being the PFR because he's a huge flop check/raiser. His flop c/r % is 3, while his turn and river c/r %'s are pretty low.

Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to me and I bet, sb folds, fucng8t calls, utg folds.
Turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
he checks, I bet, he calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He checks. bk?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Am I getting too cocky?

In these sposts against an agro player (where it's my only chance of winning) I fire the last bullet way too often.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:34 PM

I would check behind as he's not folding any hand you beat, nor do I think he lays down any hand that can not win.

I think he is likely to have 5s-3s. Plus I want the info about what hand he has in an unraised pot that he is check/calling down.

The value of seeing his hand is worth more to me than the chance he check/raising me and I don't get to see his hand even if that's a small chance.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:38 PM

Sounds like this player would have checkraised that flop with an A high flush draw. I would check behind and hope he has smaller spades.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:02 PM

I think these siutations are very instinctual, so i wont tell what i would do here. I would tell you that i would be surprised if you can make money limping here in the long run, even in the 30 game.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:26 PM

If its a good table the limps fine. If he is a huge flop checkraiser its hard to put him on a hand here. Sounds like he really likes to define his hands, so I would believe he would checkraise the flop with a flush draw or an 8. Probably a bad queen. I check
Old 09-14-2005, 10:31 PM

That river overcard is often a good one to continue a bluff with. Since he doesn't c/r the river very often, I think I'd give it a shot.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:39 PM

Naw, you've always been too cocky.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:12 PM

when im probably calling someone down because i think they might be bluffing and they bet the river even though it's an overcard i love it because it just further justifies my read that theyre bluffing.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check behind as he's not folding any hand you beat, nor do I think he lays down any hand that can not win.

I think he is likely to have 5s-3s. Plus I want the info about what hand he has in an unraised pot that he is check/calling down.

The value of seeing his hand is worth more to me than the chance he check/raising me and I don't get to see his hand even if that's a small chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?